Project B7 420-R. Base Car ‘12 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
wTBMH6u.jpg

N8qQxev.jpg

Cz4Ko1m.jpg

BRiuQm6.jpg

Cz4Ko1m.jpg

D08U4FR.jpg

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
That looks brilliant in red Nolls! I looked everywhere for one in red and the only one I could find in my price range was in Wales and looked like a dog! Looking forward to the quattro /RS4 Avant rebuild.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
I have access to a stripped C5 RS6 Avant, and everything is free. I am removing the entire transmission tunnel, I may need it.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
Quattro drivetrain parts salvaged from my B6 Avant quattro:

pwNZwCN.jpg

OKK16WN.jpg

I’ll be stripping the drivetrain down, having the arms and subframe sandblasted, painted, then fitting new bushings. Solid aluminium for the subframe, poly for the differential carrier, and most likely spherical bearings for the control arms.

As for the differential, I’m fitting the LSD from my 1993 4.2 V8 Quattro into the B6 housing, fitting new seals to the 3 output flanges, and painting the differential satin black, after giving it a thorough clean upon strip down.

I had considered 034’s adjustable arms at the rear, but at over $400 pre-shipping to Europe, plus customs charges, that’s not going to happen.

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
I have run into a dilemma.

With the help of some good souls on Audizine, I was able to get the paint code for one of Audi’s exclusive colors.

Audi Apple Green Metallic. And I ordered 8 litres, which would give me more than enough mixed with thinners at a 2:1 ratio (2 parts paint to one part thinners). 3 litres is more than enough to cover a medium-size Family Sedan / wagon.

Unfortunately I paid a visit to a Seat dealership today, to pick up a service kit for my car, and ran into a car that has thrown me into a state of indecision as far as paint goes.

My car as it currently is - Seat Emocion Red:

BRiuQm6.jpg

D08U4FR.jpg

The color I’ve been really set on having my car painted in - Audi Apple Green Metallic:

9KvkddA.jpg

jxmYQWC.jpg

And the car I saw today, who’s color is getting me thinking - Seat Samoa Orange Metallic:

rTaEYGv.jpg

VqJr1o6.jpg

These images are off the ‘net, but they are of the same car on display at the dealership. It was hemmed in by other cars, so I didn’t want to use the pictures I took indoors.

Yes, I have bought the Audi Apple Green Metallic paint, but as you guys all know, projects go through several phases, which may well end up very different from what was originally planned. No different to a Concept Car! I am not bothered by the paint I have sitting in my storage unit.

What do you guys think of both these colors? Both are stunning in their own right, but...?

Decisions, decisions!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Colour is so personal so it's a hard one...

I see colours of cars as a sign of hoe much you want to be seen... The Apple green is in your face not in a bad way but says I have lots of power as its a rare paint colour where as the seat Samoa is a little more refined if that's the word..

Me personally I'd go green because I like loud colours... My wife would go Samoa. The thing is you'll have the power to back up the colour lol

That Samoa looks like a copy of eclipse orange for the MK3 Leon which got stopped...

I still think green... Each forum meet we have a green leon (Lima green I think) it gets alot of attention.

My 2 pence

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
Despite having the green paint already, I think I’m sold on the orange.

I very much doubt this car would every mistaken for a sleeper, even if It was in primer, or paint-stripped and rusted out “rat-look” style.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Nollywood

Aug 27, 2018
Everywhere
At long last...

I have completed payment on the car - no monthlys! So I’m picking it up on Saturday. This will be the first time I’m driving it. I can’t wait to get stuck into this project, starting with quattro AWD swap.

I’m gonna be super busy now.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
At long last...

I have completed payment on the car - no monthlys! So I’m picking it up on Saturday. This will be the first time I’m driving it. I can’t wait to get stuck into this project, starting with quattro AWD swap.

I’m gonna be super busy now.
Good luck picking it up! Looking forward to seeing it progress!