Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
All the standard Leon Cupra wheels are ET50
Leon Sub8 Wheels are ET50
Leon Performance pack wheels ET50
Leon Carbon Edition wheels are ET50

However:
Leon Cupra R ST wheels are ET45 (Copper)
Ateca Cupra wheels are ET45 (Copper)

Leon Cupra R (5 door) wheels are ET40 (copper)

They're the same wheel.someone with the Cupra R ST posted a picture of the back of them, its the same part number unless I'm being dyslexic (which is a slight possibility).

Edit:
@KernelOkey do you still have the picture of the rear of your standard R ST wheels?
If it's the same part number this makes sense.
I was told by my local seat dealer the part number was different and they wouldn't give me the part number for the R ST. No-one has confirmed the R ST part number to me so I only had my SEAT dealer's word to go on.

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Makes you wonder why bother with different wheels where the difference is a mere 5mm in offset...

Winter wheels on my vRS have 16mm more offset than standard and car drives very well on them.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Cant find them :banned:Wheels are on the car so cant check. I did weigh my R ST wheels when the tires was off to 10.8kg. Pretorias is 9.4 or something

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Makes you wonder why bother with different wheels where the difference is a mere 5mm in offset...

Winter wheels on my vRS have 16mm more offset than standard and car drives very well on them.
It maybe that the R wheels are made of a lighter strong construction than say the Carbon wheels. However when messing around with @paddy6789 and my car, his R wheels (ET40) felt heavier than my Carbon wheels (ET50), but he had Cup2's tyres to my PS4S's.

Edit: Also 5mm, equates to a wider track width of 10mm, which ill crtainly help it feel more planted when combined with different geometry. For the Cupra R, its 20mm greater track width so better still.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
All facelift wheels seems to be lighter than the pre facelift by a considerable amount. Stock OEM dropping to 11.5kg and R dropping to 10.8kg is impressive for OEM wheels. Still not worth the £600 price tag though!

I thought the Carbon wheels would have weighed the same as the R ST wheel?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
All facelift wheels seems to be lighter than the pre facelift by a considerable amount. Stock OEM dropping to 11.5kg and R dropping to 10.8kg is impressive for OEM wheels. Still not worth the £600 price tag though!

I thought the Carbon wheels would have weighed the same as the R ST wheel?
Carbon, R ST/Ateca and the R wheels all appear to have the same style of design.

But then so do OZ Ultraleggeras and Ultraleggera HLT. However the HLT are lighter and stronger due the different (and more expensive) process to make them.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.