new leon cupra 300 4 drive 7 speed dsg?

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
More than likely as they don’t make the six speed anymore as far as I’m aware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Yes, this made me a bit mad.

I retrieved my car from the dealer in september 2018. Mine is DSG6...

In november 2018 my buddy got his and its DSG7 with some Bronze trim Seat logos etc. (like the Cupra R)

Dec 31, 2019
Does anyone know exactly when the 7 speed was introduced and if there is an easy way of telling if one has the 6 or 7 speed DSG please?
I am currently researching for my next car and although I will have to save up a bit longer would love to get a Leon Cupra ST 300 (worth the delay in saving for the right car don't you agree?)
I think the 7 speed would be better for me as it apparently helps keeps the revs lower on motorway journeys, I hear even at 70 the revs are a little high in the Cupra.
First post so, Hi all!!

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone know exactly when the 7 speed was introduced and if there is an easy way of telling if one has the 6 or 7 speed DSG please?
I am currently researching for my next car and although I will have to save up a bit longer would love to get a Leon Cupra ST 300 (worth the delay in saving for the right car don't you agree?)
I think the 7 speed would be better for me as it apparently helps keeps the revs lower on motorway journeys, I hear even at 70 the revs are a little high in the Cupra.
First post so, Hi all!!
Hi there, I might be wrong but it will be a 68 reg (October 2019 onwards) and it definitely will be if it has copper badging.

Dec 31, 2019
Hi there, I might be wrong but it will be a 68 reg (October 2019 onwards) and it definitely will be if it has copper badging.
Thanks, so the Digital dash came about the same time, does a digital dash = 7 speed also then do you know? would make sense if they brought in the changes together.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks, so the Digital dash came about the same time, does a digital dash = 7 speed also then do you know? would make sense if they brought in the changes together.
My mistake that should say October 2018. None of the changes at that time made sense but the digital dash was out around 6 months before the 7 speed dsg. Also on the newer models with 7 speed dsg the digital cockpit is it slightly better.

You'll be able to tell by when the cars were registered/copper badges and by taking a test drive. If it's in comfort mode it drops into 7th at a fairly calm speed.

Reactions: Peller

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Mine was one of the first 300 STs to be delivered with DSG7. It was built during build week 42 and delivered/registered in Nov 18.

It’s also worth noting that the cars delivered at the back end of 2018 / very early 2019 may have additional options fitted that are no longer available under the current pack options post WLTP introduction, due to Seat honouring previous orders.

In addition, you should consider the following:

Do you intend to tune the car? If so, the post-WLTP versions like mine with DSG7 have the Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF) - at present 350 ps is the stage 1 maximum, whereas cars without the GPF can be tuned to 370 ps.

Also cars with the GPF generally have quieter exhaust noise, and do not have the multi-point injection.

Last edited:

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Mine was one of the first 300 STs to be delivered with DSG7. It was built during build week 42 and delivered/registered in Nov 18.

It’s also worth noting that the cars delivered at the back end of 2018 / very early 2019 may have additional options fitted that are no longer available under the current pack options post WLTP introduction, due to Seat honouring previous orders.

In addition, you should consider the following:

Do you intend to tune the car? If so, the post-WLTP versions like mine with DSG7 have the Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF) - at present 350 ps is the stage 1 maximum, whereas cars without the GPF can be tuned to 370 ps.

Also cars with the GPF generally have quieter exhaust noise, and do not have the multi-point injection.
Revo says about 370hp and 500nm with 98+ map :) And its quick :) Otherwise you are on point :cheeky:

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Revo says about 370hp and 500nm with 98+ map :) And its quick :) Otherwise you are on point :cheeky:

Have Revo released a map for the Cupra ST 4Drive yet? I can see one for the 290 ps, but this uses a single GPF, whereas the ST has 2 x smaller GPFs.

Edit: There is one for the Golf R 300 ps engine with the dual GPF due to 4wd drivetrain, so yes I stand corrected in my original post!

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Have Revo released a map for the Cupra ST 4Drive yet? I can see one for the 290 ps, but this uses a single GPF, whereas the ST has 2 x smaller GPFs.

Edit: There is one for the Golf R 300 ps engine with the dual GPF due to 4wd drivetrain, so yes I stand corrected in my original post!
Haha yes I hope so bc I have Revo in my R ST since a couple of weeks back :)

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My late 2018 290 has the 7 speed DSG and the updated digital cockpit but it doesn't have the copper badges but has the red brake calipers, Cupra flag badges etc.

There's a few cars that have the revised features before the copper badging was introduced.

I also think the exhaust map could be a little different as as I get massive overrun crackles and farts (albeit on full load, not as loud as pre GPF cars)

I've read the posts from owners of the copper badged cars that the exhaust is very subdued.

Welcome to the world of SEAT spec changes!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise