Carista App

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
That’s what I thought to begin with but I just short press the lock button once and it does the safe lock thing and fold mirrors...mines 68 facelift so not sure if that has anything to do with it but I’ve not changed anything with Carista for the mirrors...was ex demo though so maybe they played with some of the settings?
Can confirm, MY20 arrived today and they fold automatically on a single press once activated in infotainment.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

Invertigo

Nov 19, 2019
So, can't seem to get audible locking confirmation to work, either solely through Carista, through enabling the option in the car MMI or both combined. Anyone else with an MY20 got it working?

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
So, can't seem to get audible locking confirmation to work, either solely through Carista, through enabling the option in the car MMI or both combined. Anyone else with an MY20 got it working?
Sorry not bothered trying as I am paranoid and always check the door handles anyway so between that and the mirror folding the beep would be useless to me :happy:

zzakzz17

Feb 8, 2017

Yes, MY20 here, i used obdeleven to enable it but it didn't work. Later i found that the option was there in vehicle settings and enabled it from there and it now works .

Reactions: SemperParatus

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Can’t you do the wing mirrors from the infotainment...there was a setting on mine for that and they close with the one touch locking without Carista.

I’ve adjusted the throttle to ‘direct’ (although some controversy as to whether this actually does anything) along with adding the off road menu in the infotainment and changing the headlight washer activation settings.

Persoanlly not found much else I wanted to change but there are quite a few options if you’re feeling adventurous.
The direct throttle does make a difference. Or at least it does on my cupra, i didn't notice much difference if any on my FR. but the cupra it is a night and day difference.

Nov 15, 2019
Hi guys sorry I'm new to all this
Just got my Carista dongle and managed to get onto the beta version. I've managed to change a few things like
1) Needle Sweep
2) confirmation beep when locking and unlocking
3) mirror fold with 1 click
4) throttle response from gradual to linear
I tried to do pace car lights but only the outer lights flash so I've left it for now

I've read the thread and people are talking about adding colours to the ambient lighting but I can't seem to find this option anywhere unless I'm missing something hoping someone can point me in the right direction

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Hi guys sorry I'm new to all this
Just got my Carista dongle and managed to get onto the beta version. I've managed to change a few things like
1) Needle Sweep
2) confirmation beep when locking and unlocking
3) mirror fold with 1 click
4) throttle response from gradual to linear
I tried to do pace car lights but only the outer lights flash so I've left it for now

I've read the thread and people are talking about adding colours to the ambient lighting but I can't seem to find this option anywhere unless I'm missing something hoping someone can point me in the right direction
Do you have pre or post face lift ?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Hmm weird unlocking the car the beep works but when locking it doesn’t beep anymore looks like I might need to remove it to add again.

Anyone had this problem before ?

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
The direct throttle does make a difference. Or at least it does on my cupra, i didn't notice much difference if any on my FR. but the cupra it is a night and day difference.
I personally think it does make a bit of a difference but I’ve read other posts where people are skeptical...it’s not a huge difference but does feel a little more responsive on the pedal (not quicker obviously...just a bit lea so out to get going...which i prefer...can always put in eco if want less response anyway).

Would love to have a Cupra but wife would have killed me and wouldn’t have been able to drive it much then haha.

Redrevis

Apr 21, 2014
Derbyshire
So I’ve added the alarm chirp on locking but it’s super quiet, unlike my older mk3 which works fine. So I changed it to horn to see how that sounded and that doesn’t work at all. Has anyone got the horn to work on locking? There’s a ‘short’ and ‘normal’ setting for the horn, not tried both yet. I’m on the beta version if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will_l21

Mar 16, 2020
Anyone know if there's a way of adding more colours to the ambient lighting? I've seen it done on a few cars and I know other apps are offering to add more colours now. I have the BETA version?

Nov 15, 2019
Anyone know if there's a way of adding more colours to the ambient lighting? I've seen it done on a few cars and I know other apps are offering to add more colours now. I have the BETA version?
I tried doing this to mine but couldn't see any options for ambient lighting. I've seen previously in this thread people have done it so not sure what's happening with mine

will_l21

Mar 16, 2020
I tried doing this to mine but couldn't see any options for ambient lighting. I've seen previously in this thread people have done it so not sure what's happening with mine

That's the same with me. I've got a facelift model so would have expected it to be there to be honest. I'll wait and see if anyone has a method of getting them to show up

Nov 15, 2019
Yes was unable to add more colours too, MY20.
I emailed Carista about this and just had a reply back from them saying because they received a lot of negative feedback they decided to remove it because of considerable negative feedback.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.