Remapped cupra r Bam

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Hi all, my first post, trying to find my way around. Well i bought my second cupra r November last year. It already had fitted, full miltek exhaust and downpipe, and cone style air filter. Ive fitted a forge diverter valve running the yellow spring, 100 cell sports cat, fmic, low mileage fuel pump off another lcr, and a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, also fitted new fuel filter whilst i was at it and running on shell v power. I was hoping for atleast close to 270bhp but the result was 251.9bhp !! Happy i got some extra power but seems a poor result for the mods. Guy that mapped it said possibly the turbo as fuelling was fine, i did say i had found a receipt in the history for a recon turbo, but he said they might have done a bad job. Wondering if its worth me looking at turbo and maybe Cleaning or replacing injectors. ???
Cheers all
Pete

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Hi mate, is it mapped?
Yes, three attempts, first time lambda was too slow to respond, replaced that, second time it was going lean, so he had to put it back to standard. Replaced fuel pump, filter and pressure regulator, and Remap achieved 251.9bhp. Just doesnt seem right when i hear of standard cupra r’s being mapped at 250-260bhp

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Think that in your list, you’re missing an oversize TIP.
That would make a difference.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Cupra r 01

anni25pd

Jul 23, 2012
glasgow/ayrshire
Wouldn't get hung up on numbers.... How does it drive? It sounds a little on the low side and also don't think 4bar reg is recommended until you are stage 2 +... What size DP is the miktek, cats still in?
Was this RR figures

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Chap at SFS claimed their TIPs gave him an increase of 7bhp, could be the culprit.

Yup Badger5 v3 TIP gives decent gains too.
It all works in partnership with the other bits.
All “flow”
In and out.
Sports cat will hold it back too.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Wouldn't get hung up on numbers.... How does it drive? It sounds a little on the low side and also don't think 4bar reg is recommended until you are stage 2 +... What size DP is the miktek, cats still in?
Was this RR figures

drives nice and strong pulls well, just doesnt seem to take your breath away like the cupra i had before which was already remapped, but had less hardware mods. This one has what looks around 3” downpipe, into 100cell sports cat.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Yup Badger5 v3 TIP gives decent gains too.
It all works in partnership with the other bits.
All “flow”
In and out.
Sports cat will hold it back too.

its got silicone tip, but not oversize

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
its got silicone tip, but not oversize
The silicone replacements are a waste of money when the oversized ones exist really

try to go for SFS or Badger5. Ive heard that the CreationsMotorsport ones arent true oversize (although the recent ones i see look massiv e at the bottom compared to my SFS so they may have improved)

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
drives nice and strong pulls well, just doesnt seem to take your breath away like the cupra i had before which was already remapped, but had less hardware mods. This one has what looks around 3” downpipe, into 100cell sports cat.

Cant say much as im no expert, but aside from running vag com on everything make sure you're all air tight with no leaks.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
The silicone replacements are a waste of money when the oversized ones exist really

try to go for SFS or Badger5. Ive heard that the CreationsMotorsport ones arent true oversize (although the recent ones i see look massiv e at the bottom compared to my SFS so they may have improved)

thanks will look into those. When i asked the chap if there was anymore Power to find, he said not at the moment. Something holding it back, said a possibility of turbo. Said i can either drive it and enjoy it, or replace/change some more bits and try again

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Cant say much as im no expert, but aside from running vag com on everything make sure you're all air tight with no leaks.
I have got a leak tester and repaired couple of leaks, and no error codes found, also has a new n75 valve

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
thanks will look into those. When i asked the chap if there was anymore Power to find, he said not at the moment. Something holding it back, said a possibility of turbo. Said i can either drive it and enjoy it, or replace/change some more bits and try again

I guess you cant take anyones word as gospel, but the fact the turbo is reconned it could be possible.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
I guess you cant take anyones word as gospel, but the fact the turbo is reconned it could be possible.

i still have a turbo in the garage i was going to use on my old cupra, has a new exhaust housing, just needs a new turbo core. So i may use that try oversize tip aswell and see if it will get close to 270bhp. Receipt for the recon doesnt have a company name?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I had issues. Had a recon Borg Warner KO4 turbo fitted as mine was wobbling like a piss head on a night out.
Old one used to heat my legs up through the fire wall unbearably.
Went to map the car with the recon in and it wouldn’t hold boost properly.
Only achieved 250.
Went to Owen Developments to recon it again with better parts and was told I’d been sold a Chinese Christmas cracker special.
Binned that and fitted new original KO4 went back
Hit 270.
That’s with 550 injectors and fuel pump added too though.
Then it was noticed my downpipe looked original and I’d paid for it to be custom.
( some people )
After fitting a pipeworx down pipe and decat we reran on the same Dyno at Badger5 with same map and car made an extra 13 horses and 20 odd extra lbs of torque.
Goes to show that breathing and flow is essential and plays a huge part in things.
So does a decent turbo.

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
I had issues. Had a recon Borg Warner KO4 turbo fitted as mine was wobbling like a piss head on a night out.
Old one used to heat my legs up through the fire wall unbearably.
Went to map the car with the recon in and it wouldn’t hold boost properly.
Only achieved 250.
Went to Owen Developments to recon it again with better parts and was told I’d been sold a Chinese Christmas cracker special.
Binned that and fitted new original KO4 went back
Hit 270.
That’s with 550 injectors and fuel pump added too though.
Then it was noticed my downpipe looked original and I’d paid for it to be custom.
( some people )
After fitting a pipeworx down pipe and decat we reran on the same Dyno at Badger5 with same map and car made an extra 13 horses and 20 odd extra lbs of torque.
Goes to show that breathing and flow is essential and plays a huge part in things.
So does a decent turbo.

hopefully this is why it didn’t achieve what i was expecting, possibly reconditioned using crummy parts. Remap guy also said he done a golf not long ago, and didnt pull the power it should of, he told the chap to go away and fit a new turbo, and after it achieved another 40bhp!!

Reactions: PedroR

Cupra r 01

Apr 26, 2020
Is it possible to remove and replace turbo with engine still in car, ive managed to get my hands down there to replace the egt sensor

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members