hashbrown

Nov 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I have two deals.

Cupra 290 2018 Lux for £310 a month on PCP (2k deposit) - 4 years
Cupra 290 2020 for £288 a month on lease (800 deposit) - 2 years

I am so confused what to go for.

The questions I have in mind:

1/ Will I get bored in four years of the same car, probably better to get the lease?
2/ I want to do a res delete and install a powerflex mount, can i do this with a lease/pcp?
3/ If i get a pcp surely I will lose out in the long run as seats depreciate a lot?

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
I'd lease personally, 4 years is a long time to have a car that's already an old model, you can mod with a lease, you just need it confirmed from the leaser, it will be in the Ts&Cs, plus you have the benefit of not having to pay the road tax on a lease and you won't have to worry about coming out of warranty

Last edited:

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
I'd lease personally, 4 years is a long time to have a car that's already an old model, you can mod with a lease, you just need it confirmed from the leaser, it will be in the Ts&Cs

I’d lease as it’s less money and less commitment for starters and you get a brand new car rather than having a 2 year old one until it’s 6 years old and it costing more.

Worst case with a lease you have to put the car back to standard before it goes back.

PCP would have the same handback rules if you had to give it back at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
The question of boredom is a very personal one. I've had my 280 SC for three years and plan on keeping it for another three but many people like to change their car every couple of years. Only you know which group you're in.

The PCP totals nearly £17k, which seems like a lot for a 2-year-old Cupra. How much would you need to pay to own the car at the end? Much more than about £4k makes it an expensive deal IMO. I'm not sure that I'd want to put that much cash into a car that's about to be superseded.

The lease totals nearly £8k. How much would a nearly new SEAT depreciate in 2 years? £6k maybe? Probably not a bad deal.

Given the choice between these two deals, I think I'd go for the lease.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I think you should go for the one you want rather than the better option on paper, you could get a brand new car and have problem after problem, I know Seat would fix it under warranty but its still a headache not having your car and Seat will try and argue that it's not covered under warranty, all car dealers are the same, money money money.
What happened to the days when people kept there cars for years and years, it seems everyone wants throw away cars lol.
I don't understand modifying a car to give it back in 2 years, seems a waste, and a waste of money because you will have to pay to get the mods done then maybe pay again to get it back to stock.
I love my Cupra, I couldn't imagine having to give it back its like my baby lol. The time and effort that has gone into that car to make it what it is now, a stage 2 highly modified beast lol, i don't think I could give it back lol

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk