Passenger side crash sensor location.

Mancseat

Feb 23, 2011
Hiya, just got some fault codes that translate to a faulty passenger side crash sensor. Having never had to deal with this item before, can anyone give me a clue where it's located on/in the vehicle. I already have a replacement unit just don't want to have to strip the interior and trace from the airbag control unit if it can be avoided. The manuals I have don't make anything clearer than the current path. Cheers for any help D.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Hiya, just got some fault codes that translate to a faulty passenger side crash sensor. Having never had to deal with this item before, can anyone give me a clue where it's located on/in the vehicle. I already have a replacement unit just don't want to have to strip the interior and trace from the airbag control unit if it can be avoided. The manuals I have don't make anything clearer than the current path. Cheers for any help D.

I'm guessing you have a MK2, if so they're the same as the MK1 Leon & MK4 Golf. Not sure where it would be. But if you did a Google search on the MK4 Golf that should tell you where it is.

Mancseat

Feb 23, 2011
Hiya Chris, it is a Mk2, I posted in that forum and emptyhead forgot to say it's a Mk 2 Toledo tdi se not thinking it would head for new posts too.

Ive been trawling but only seen hints. Was already looking at leon and MKiv stuff but have found nothing specific yet.

If it's in the same place as a B5.5 Passat, the only personal experience I have, it's on the crossmember the seat is bolted to. means taking the seat out and lifting one side of the carpet to get access although if it is located there, damp will be the cause of the problem.
I've been getting round to doing the inner panel door seals anyway, this may be the motivation.

Thanks for the suggestion.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
You're welcome - under the seat would also be my guess. But it's worth checking before pulling seats out.

Yes door seals along with locks are a very common problem with these cars. Had a small swimming pool in my Leon after replacing a door lock.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.