Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Oct 28, 2020
ok so after a bit of googling i worked it out.

Physical Modifications

Parts needed:

RLHS Sensor: 5Q0955547A
Auto Light switch: 5G0941431AF

You'll need to swap that out by taking off the mirror, its a bit hard to see so mspaint time, the red line is the join i used a knife to separate it, then push up in the direction of the arrow, with abit of wiggling you can remove that part.

rMQDE6W.jpg

Once that's off you'll see 2 prong things on the mount, twist this towards the passenger side(anti clockwise) only needs to go about an inch and the whole mirror mount should be free.

next image taken from google as i didn't want to take it apart again
fgziMq5.jpg

you should see the sensor now, pull out the cable at the top and unhook both left & right side clasps, then you can pull out the sensor( mine was very stiff)

supposedly you can change the gel pad under the sensor , i didn't and mine works fine. Put the RLHS in, attach clasps, plug it in and rebuild your mirror onto its mount, at this point auto wipers seem to work without any further modifications.

For the Light switch, you just need to push it in and twist clockwise slightly then it can be pulled out slowly as the cable isn't very long, unplug the cable and put in the new switch.

VCDS Coding

you need the RLHS sensor to show in the drop down as below:
OmbvtEh.png

if its not there, this is how to enable it.

Have the top module selected (5Q0 937 084 AJ BCM ....)

Enabling the sensor, in vcds
  1. Select 09 - Centr. Elect.
  2. Select 16 - Security Access (Note; couldn't remember if this was needed or not, don't think it matter if you put it in and its not needed)
    input 31147
  3. Select 07 - Coding
  4. Select Long Coding Helper
  5. Byte 6: bit 0-1 light sensor Installed
  6. Byte 7: bit 5 ticked
  7. Byte 7: bit 7 ticked
72DdhQl.png

after this is done, the RLHS sensor with be in the dropdown list, select it and enter 00095D into the New coding Box

Now you car can correctly see the sensor you need to make the following adaptions

1. Select 09 - Centr. Elect.
  2. Select 16 - Security Access (Note; couldn't remember if this was needed or not, don't think it matter if you put it in and its not needed)
    input 31147
  3. Select 10 - Adaptation

After this on mine i needed to actually go into the car setup menu to enable coming/leaving home

Hi,

Thanks for the great guide! After going through the hardware steps, I plugged in VCDS and was ready to add the coding onto the new sensor as per your guide. I will add some pictures to show the modules listed in the Centr. Elect. However, as you can see from the pictures there is a slight variance between my module (5Q0 937 084 CG) and your module from the pictures within your guide (5Q0 937 084 AJ).

(PICTURE)

After some digging, I found that I have installed the wrong RHLS. I have installed a (5Q0 955 547 C) and not a (5Q0 955 547 A) as per your guide. A small mistake but I assume this is why the module codes are wrong. I have tried the code the wrong module (5Q0 937 084 CG) as per your guide however, I receive this error message
  • Coding is NOT supported by this control module Variant.
  • Replacement Control Modules must be parameterized by using
  • be found by using the ‘Adaptation’ Function of the Control Module.
(PICTURE)

I believe I may have to change the sensor to (5Q0 937 084 AJ). However, I was wondering if you would know any work around’s or possible ways, I could still use the current sensor installed?
Thanks,

Attachments

• 99A10722-B562-441E-8D86-CA222BABA497.jpeg
    99A10722-B562-441E-8D86-CA222BABA497.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 387
  • C1C3F94C-7BA7-401E-B863-BF5A4306BC51.jpeg
    C1C3F94C-7BA7-401E-B863-BF5A4306BC51.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 564

mcspook

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for the great guide! After going through the hardware steps, I plugged in VCDS and was ready to add the coding onto the new sensor as per your guide. I will add some pictures to show the modules listed in the Centr. Elect. However, as you can see from the pictures there is a slight variance between my module (5Q0 937 084 CG) and your module from the pictures within your guide (5Q0 937 084 AJ).

(PICTURE)

After some digging, I found that I have installed the wrong RHLS. I have installed a (5Q0 955 547 C) and not a (5Q0 955 547 A) as per your guide. A small mistake but I assume this is why the module codes are wrong. I have tried the code the wrong module (5Q0 937 084 CG) as per your guide however, I receive this error message
  • Coding is NOT supported by this control module Variant.
  • Replacement Control Modules must be parameterized by using
  • be found by using the ‘Adaptation’ Function of the Control Module.
(PICTURE)

I believe I may have to change the sensor to (5Q0 937 084 AJ). However, I was wondering if you would know any work around’s or possible ways, I could still use the current sensor installed?
Thanks,
For the facelift leon i think you need the 81A955555A sensor.

Reactions: Mileon
Nov 17, 2020
Hi, have you got the long coding for this, I'm having the wipers issues. I have now tried 2 sensors, 81A955547A which is supposed to be for Ateca and 5Q0955555. Both great for lights but not wipers. Thanks

Hi, did you get any joy in getting this sorted? Pretty sure I've got the wrong sensor in mine (5Q0955555) where the OEM Ateca sensor is 5Q0 955547B for my 2017 car where equipped. Autolights work fine but the auto wipers originally would wipe when there was water but not switch off. Now they don't work in intermittent...

Dec 26, 2019
Hi, did you get any joy in getting this sorted? Pretty sure I've got the wrong sensor in mine (5Q0955555) where the OEM Ateca sensor is 5Q0 955547B for my 2017 car where equipped. Autolights work fine but the auto wipers originally would wipe when there was water but not switch off. Now they don't work in intermittent...
Yes in the end I used sensor 81A955555 which is for Ateca. 5Q sensors are for Leon facelift apparently.(mentioned somewhere else in this thread). Once I changed to the 81A955555 everything worked as should and no errors showing in climate control as I got with other sensors used. So this would seem to be the way to go with the Ateca. Enjoy

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Hi long time lurker and multiple SEAT owner over the years. Been reading this thread with interest over the last few weeks since looking and now buying a March 2017 (MY17) Leon FR TDI with Tech Pack in the last few weeks. Tried all options listed here to no joy.....anyway after a bit of advanced "google help" I've stumbled across a thread on clubseatleon.net which someone has found a solution for! It seems long coding doesn't work on the facelift models and everything is done through the adaptions tabs. I've tried this tonight with my own car using OBDeleven PRO and hey presto it seems to work!

The part numbers I've used are as follows:

Rain/Light Sensor: 5Q0955547A

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Passat-Polo-Tiguan-Touran-Sharan-Seat-Leon-Skoda-Regensensor-5Q0955547A/112949661345?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Auto Light Switch (found a genuine SEAT one on ebay Germany): 5G0941431AF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-5F-Lichtschalter-Automatisch-Chrom-5G0941431AF-Neuwertig/222910296838?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.

i've copied the link to the clubseatleon thread page and also the "google translated" instructions below (obviously anything you do is at your own risk even although it worked for me).

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=108398&sid=aa3bd675bdc3ad0b3cd716f7cc35a84e&start=900&xid=25657,15700022,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700189,15700201

"dariote93 wrote:Hello everyone. Finally researching I got it to work!

Those of us who did not manage to make the switch work and we had an MY17 of the latter are different from what is indicated in the tutorials.

In my case and that of @ sic58 , the car is a MY17 everything is made from adaptations, nose does nothing for long coding (from factory it comes all to 000000000000000000000).

Install the sensor and switch as before and make these modifications (I have made them with OBDeleven)

Electronic Switchboard 09 -Adaptation-Aussenlicht_uebergreifend:

Here is activated in Switch

LDS_mit_AFL: yes

This for the Coming / leaving

Coming Home Verbaustatus:
automatic
Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung:
activated
Coming home Leuchten:
Beam
Menueeinstellung Cominghome:
30 seconds
Coming-home Einschaltereignis:
door driver
Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung:
18 lx
Leaving-Home Verbausstatus:
unlocked
Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP:
activated

Electronic control unit 09 - adaptation - Assistance light functions

Leave the options as follows:

Regen_Lichtsensor:
LIN_Regen_Licht_Sensor This activates the rain / light sensor
Feuchtesensor:
mounted
Assistenzfahrlicht bei Regen:
activated
Sonnensensor:
Unmounted
LS_Error_Ausgabe:
activated
Maskierung_Regenfunktion:
inactive
Lichtsensorempfindlichkeit:
normal

Module 5F - Adaptation- Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2:

Leave as follows:

menu_display_wiper:
Ativado
menu_display_wiper_clamp_15_off:
not activated
menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high:
Ativado
menu_display_wiper_standstill:
not activated
menu_display_wiper_after_disclaimer:
not activated

Module 5F - Adaptation-: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2:

wiper_comfort_0x0C: Very important for the menu options to work
Ativado"

Hopefully this helps those with the facelift models! I'll try and post this on the relevant Leon section on the OBDEleven forums as well!

Enjoy
This guide worked a treat on my facelift Leon FR. All setup and working perfect! Thank You

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Morning gents, plenty of information in this giude, definitely going to try this.
Ive already got auto lights but I don't have auto wipers, which is terrible since it is a Cupra and previous FR had all of it.
Do you think it's just a matter of checking the part number on the mirror and then switching on auto wipers on with VCDS or OBDeleven?
I had a look on EBay for a sensor 5Q0955547A just incase, even pre owned is more than 50!

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Morning gents, plenty of information in this giude, definitely going to try this.
Ive already got auto lights but I don't have auto wipers, which is terrible since it is a Cupra and previous FR had all of it.
Do you think it's just a matter of checking the part number on the mirror and then switching on auto wipers on with VCDS or OBDeleven?
I had a look on EBay for a sensor 5Q0955547A just incase, even pre owned is more than 50!
I would say you have them already? There’s nothing on the stalks that say auto for the wipers. You leave it on INT which is the first click up and they are on auto. Do you have the auto dimming mirror as well? As it normally comes as a complete pack.

arossi101

Cupra 290 ST
Sep 5, 2016
Glasgow
Thanks for your reply, it doesn't have auto dim mirror either, for it being the Cupra it doesn't have all the toys for some reason.
I'm sure it does mention in the Car settings on the head unit about wipers aswell, I've not had my car for 3 months as it took that long to get the engine replaced which is a whole new story!

leonhook

Jan 14, 2021
Crowthorne
Thanks for your reply, it doesn't have auto dim mirror either, for it being the Cupra it doesn't have all the toys for some reason.
I'm sure it does mention in the Car settings on the head unit about wipers aswell, I've not had my car for 3 months as it took that long to get the engine replaced which is a whole new story!
Fair enough, does your light switch have the auto setting on them? Or are you deeming them auto because the turn on when you turn the car on?

Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

I've managed to install a rain humidity and light sensor with code 5Q0955559. Ive managed to complete the obd 11 steps however I've not managed to get anything working. I checked the live data and the only one showing is the humidity sensor. Any ideas? I've also installed auto lights and when on auto light setting I receive a automatic headlight control fault.

IMG-20210417-WA0000.jpg

Mar 3, 2020
I've performed a scan and also received a fault in the humidity sensor (heating still seems to work). Could it be that its not plugged in properly or just a faulty sensor

caledonian

Jan 9, 2021
I know what parts are required to do the Auto lights and auto rain wipers retrofit etc, but I have a 17 plate Seat FR estate, and I haven't got Auto lights but do have auto sensing wipers!?

So I imagine to get Auto lights, I just need to change the switch, and not the sensore, because I believe there are only two types of sensors, the humidity sensor, and the humidity sensor/rain & light sensor.

So if i have auto wipers, I should have a light sensor?

Can someone confirm please.

did you ever find out about this mate?

Aug 17, 2020
Wiltshire
Hi everyone,

I’ve just attempted the coding having installed the sensor and switch (same part numbers as the earlier excellent post with the instructions).

Tried to add the sensor so that it would show in the drop down menu before coding it properly but have got stuck…

VCDS says the coding is accepted but I have error messages for headlight range control and fault with vehicle lighting. In addition, the headlights are on with dipped beam at all times, whatever position the switch is in, but revert to sidelights when the switch is pulled out for fog lights.

Starting to think I’ve got a dodgy switch as someone else described - is there anything else I can try before tracking down another one?

Thanks in advance!

[2015 ST FR Technology 2.0TDi 150 DSG]

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece
Hello, now I solved my Error

Now I solved my error in control unit 08...
But this works only with the sensor part number 81A955555A (coding 00885D).
This sensor reports as a sub-control unit 81A 955 555 A - G397_RLFSS (I think this means Rain Light Humidity Sun Sensor).
With the sensor part number 5Q0955547B I have the error see above, no matter with which coding...

The adaption IDE08786-ENG124476-Assistance light functions-Sunlight Sensor has to be set to his original setting -> installed

Hello, take a look at my post please.

Have the same fault code as yours. I have the sensor 5Q0955547B. So the fault is definitely from that.
Still no fix?

Worth to buy a 5Q0955547A sensor?

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hi Giuseppe,

why do you want to buy the sensor 5Q0955547A.
For me it works only with the 81A955555A without any error messages.
What is the part number of your original sensor?

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece
Hi Giuseppe,

why do you want to buy the sensor 5Q0955547A.
For me it works only with the 81A955555A without any error messages.
What is the part number of your original sensor?
Hello @astaller
I've read all the thread, especially your posts.
My car hasn't the convenience pack. MY2018 (9th of 2017 model). It's a facelift mk3.5 Leon.

I have retrofitted the auto rain/lights for almost 4 years now.
The humidity sensor that my car had from the factory was the 81a907658.

I bought the new RLH sensor code 5Q0955547B.

Last days i've done some work via VCDS (some coding, updating MIB1, etc...) and i realized some faults.

Yesterday i changed the adaptation of the sunlight sensor from deactivated to activated. The fault was still there. I changed it again to deactivated.
Today my auto rain sensor, doesn't work properly.

astaller

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
Hello @astaller
I've read all the thread, especially your posts.
My car hasn't the convenience pack. MY2018 (9th of 2017 model). It's a facelift mk3.5 Leon.

I have retrofitted the auto rain/lights for almost 4 years now.
The humidity sensor that my car had from the factory was the 81a907658.

I bought the new RLH sensor code 5Q0955547B.

Last days i've done some work via VCDS (some coding, updating MIB1, etc...) and i realized some faults.

Yesterday i changed the adaptation of the sunlight sensor from deactivated to activated. The fault was still there. I changed it again to deactivated.
Today my auto rain sensor, doesn't work properly.
Hi Giuseppe,
okay then you had the same original sensor as I installed.
It only works with the sensor 81A955555A !
All others do not work without error message.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.