Votes: 21 5.4%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Took delivery of my Cupra Formentor on 30th December, awesome car and just getting to know and understand it. Really impressed so far, bought it from Citygate in Slough, can't recommend the team there highly enough.

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Not sure yet. Just waiting for my dealer to confirm my order number as they were having a problem ordering all my spec on the system so have had to refer it to Cupra to resolve. My dealer thinks I might be build week 6 and is confident I should have it before the end of March.

Good news at last - my dealer has finally been able to order my Formentor in my specification from the factory. It’s only taken Cupra 2 weeks to resolve since I ordered my car!

Apparently the issue was to do with a code connected to the leather seats and it was affecting all factory orders globally!

I wonder how long it will take for my Formentor to come through the system?

Reactions: jcbmally

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Great news which interior leather color did you choose ?

I am thinking of getting petrol blue exterior with black leather interior as not really liking the blue leather.

Is anyone enjoying the blue leather ?

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Great news which interior leather color did you choose ?

I am thinking of getting petrol blue exterior with black leather interior as not really liking the blue leather.

Is anyone enjoying the blue leather ?

I went for the Petrol Blue leather interior. In my mind I wanted black until the car I test drove had blue and it looked stunning in the flesh! My dealer also said it would look good with the Graphene Grey exterior.

Have you seen the Petrol Blue leather interior in an actual car?

My dealer also advised staying away from the matt paint as if you get a chip you can’t repair it easily.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
I have heard that about the matt paint too but really like it. Also hoping to see dark camouflage as I I think the green with bronze would really look good. So hoping to see them after lockdown well atleast the petrol blue as I dont think even cupra has made any camouflage car as not a single review on youtube.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Blue leather looks ok to me. Demo car had it. But on the door, only some parts are blue and some plastic parts are black. Like they couldn't make an effort to make whole armrest in blue. With black leather, it's all in the same colour.

You can see it on this picture
cit-d1622bf054ea14d5f048807d4abf9fc57c2e1587.jpg

Regarding matt paint, I had a chance to buy nice spec Mercedes in past, but didn't go through due to the paint. Car already had small scratch on a bumper and I knew any damage would be a hassle to fix. I don't tend to dent my cars, but I might be unlucky one day. And I wouldn't want to worry about matt paint.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Agnes - mind reader. Exact same issue black and blue mix on door is disturbing my ocd.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
But the seats and dash just look so nice in the Petrol Blue. Most cars have black interiors, however this looks different and very classy.

Blue is also my favourite colour so it helped make the decision easier!

3D4E11E3-D2E8-4AF1-8BC9-30563EF812F8.jpeg
B9817D74-63A1-4A9E-9786-B29682A4214D.jpeg

Reactions: jcbmally

Zephyr

Just send it!
Dec 28, 2020
Madrid (SPAIN)
Taken the plunge for a 310HP version Dec 28. In Spain there's only one trim and VZ from VeloZ is reserved for 310 and 245 Hibrid ones, all the rest will not sport the VZ suffix. Just curious about those three VZ trims there.

Urban silver (metallic silver), Napa blue leather, Sunroof with Beats audio (those two in a bundle pack) and the final are the 370mm Brembo brakes. Still awaiting confirmation from dealer we're getting out of 10 days of pure havoc and 30-50cm of snow in Madrid who unleashed a real chaos here and things went somewhat awry.

Reactions: Syphon

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've ordered mine in December. Over here we do not have trim levels such as these, but it will be a VZ with sunroof in metallic magnetic gray. Oh and I've ordered the other bronze wheel option (not the one paired with Brembo).

I have two issues with the car, didn't want to use blue leather (although I liked the look) as they had half the car in black plastic and then the rest in blue leather. If they made the effort to do it properly, it would be an option for me.

Another issue that I dislike about the car is that if you order Brembos, only your front caliper is bronze. This is such a lazy way of doing business, they couldn't make the effort to paint standard rear brakes in two colors (bronze when paired with Brembos and black without).

I'm surprised reviewers didn't pick up on it. Seems like such a obvious oversight.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Worst way of cost saving. Just makes the car look incomplete from side profile. I have never heard of any new modern cars with such a case.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Isn't most of the parts on the door blue on this Porsche with some silver elements. Formentor has a good amount of black too mixed with blue.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Worst way of cost saving. Just makes the car look incomplete from side profile. I have never heard of any new modern cars with such a case.
If you are talking about mismatch of color of brake calipers, I agree :).

Another thing that they could have done is fix the rusting of the wheel hub. Reviewer showed that the review car had already rusted read wheel hub. I know it's a cosmetic thing typical for VAG, but for a "premium" car they could have solved it. I would presume a decent coat of paint would stop this from happening.

Reactions: Stonepope
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.