George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Hello,

ive removed the centre box on my 2020 Leon Cupra and it sounds a load better....but I’d still like it to be louder.
Can anyone recommend the best kit delete kit.
And as I won’t always want it really loud (e.g late at night in residential areas) does anyone know of an aftermarket solenoid or valve that can be fitted?

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
You can get valve wired into the ECU and open/close depending on drive mode.
There's a guy on facebook/instagram who has done it.
Mine has a valve already as it’s louder and has a lot more pops and bangs in cupra/individual mode, but on startup with the centre box off it’s still pretty loud, I’ve seen someone with an additional valve that you can remotely open or close

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Mine has a valve already as it’s louder and has a lot more pops and bangs in cupra/individual mode, but on startup with the centre box off it’s still pretty loud, I’ve seen someone with an additional valve that you can remotely open or close
If all you've changed is the resonator it won't have a valve. They don't have them unless you've put one in.

You're probably hearing the soundaktor

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Sorry to disappoint you, but as @Dannnnn says, no Cupra's have a valve on the exhaust. The louder pops and bangs is purely fuelling, and the louder tone is the Sound Actuator (Speaker in the dash/engine bay).

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
If all you've changed is the resonator it won't have a valve. They don't have them unless you've put one in.

You're probably hearing the soundaktor

I’ve turned down the soundaktor, not a fan of fake noise and I’ve removed the centre box and just put a straight pipe, as far as I was aware the cupras have some sort of valve to make it quieter for normal driving, as I thought most VAG performance cars do,

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I’ve turned down the soundaktor, not a fan of fake noise and I’ve removed the centre box and just put a straight pipe, as far as I was aware the cupras have some sort of valve to make it quieter for normal driving, as I thought most VAG performance cars do,
Nope. They've got nothing, it's all open pipework.

The exhaust on the Cupra is the same as the Golf GTi rather than the R.

Reactions: George Vinten

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
True, I think I might straight pipe it and see, I’ve still got the centre box so I can always put it back on.
can you or anyone recommend a decent back box delete kit?
Straight pipe will be annoyingly loud irrespective of drive mode.

As for backbox delete, check out Zaustworx. They have an Ebay store and also a Facebook page. Or you could go to any exhaust place and they can make one for you, it's just a piece of pipe at the end of the day.

Reactions: George Vinten

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent

As for backbox delete, check out Zaustworx. They have an Ebay store and also a Facebook page. Or you could go to any exhaust place and they can make one for you, it's just a piece of pipe at the end of the day.

I did think straight piping it would be very loud, I’m sure it would be good for a day but a cold start before work would annoy some neighbours!

Oct 11, 2020

Is this reversible if you have a lease car?

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
@Adam7867 @George Vinten
Iv done the res delete by Zaustworx, Here is the before and after:
Before Res Delete
After Res Delete

I will be making another video soon, the sound is now even louder! (After 4k miles) DSG farts are like a Golf R's and pops and bangs is normal in Sports whether your auto or manually shifting with paddles :)

In terms of being on lease, I am on lease too. Tons of people have got the res delete done even the people who leased the same exact car from the same provider.

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
@Adam7867 @George Vinten
Iv done the res delete by Zaustworx, Here is the before and after:
Before Res Delete
After Res Delete

I will be making another video soon, the sound is now even louder! (After 4k miles) DSG farts are like a Golf R's and pops and bangs is normal in Sports whether your auto or manually shifting with paddles :)

In terms of being on lease, I am on lease too. Tons of people have got the res delete done even the people who leased the same exact car from the same provider.
That sounds loads better! The videos are a good help! Can’t wait to get it done!

Oct 11, 2020
Mines a lease, just make sure you keep the original parts removed and that they don’t weld the pipes on you can just put it back to standard before giving it back to the lease company.
Instead of welding the pipes whats the other options? Brackets? As I rang a garage and they told me they'll weld it back on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members