Recall

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
Well I took my sick FR first edition into the garage because I have had problems with the drivers assists flashing up, beeping and all sorts.
Thinking it would just be a update I was told that there is a recall for a complete change of control unit and a complete re programming after, so be warned and it’s a days job.

Reactions: Tell

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Is it the eTSI first edition?

Whats your build date?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to call the dealer. Or if mine was fixed when it spent the night in the dealer back in November for a 'software update'.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
Is it the eTSI first edition?

Whats your build date?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to call the dealer. Or if mine was fixed when it spent the night in the dealer back in November for a 'software update'.
Yes it is a eTsi and I had the software update also, this is a complete change of parts and the recall came out today, I think it’ also effects golf 8

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Well I took my sick FR first edition into the garage because I have had problems with the drivers assists flashing up, beeping and all sorts.
Thinking it would just be a update I was told that there is a recall for a complete change of control unit and a complete re programming after, so be warned and it’s a days job.

Do you know if this just applies to the FR First Edition or all FR cars? If the latter, is there a cut-off of build week or, again, is it any car produced up to this point?

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
I don't really know, but will assume most of the cars with at least all the driver assist, regarding build week all I can say that I was the first one to be done at my local dealer in sunderland

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Called my dealer (parts department) for something else and they mentioned mine had a recall, I then called the service department, but they didn't confirm it was a recall and made it sound like a software update. Its due to go in to have the work done at the start of January for a whole day (which I think is quite long for a update), will try and find out more then.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
Called my dealer (parts department) for something else and they mentioned mine had a recall, I then called the service department, but they didn't confirm it was a recall and made it sound like a software update. Its due to go in to have the work done at the start of January for a whole day (which I think is quite long for a update), will try and find out more then.
I was informed that it’s a major update BUT if you have the earlier control unit it won’t except the new update and they had to change the unit to the more recent one before the update could be done.
Now though I am still having problems with all the driver assist coming on including the front emergency collision plus air bag not working etc, it’s going back in today after I complained and they got in touch with Seat technical for further help, they have to do a gateway reboot? and be left overnight with the car locked to complete the reboot.
I have informed them I have no confidence in the car and it’s safety and if this does not work I will be rejecting the car.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Wow, that's not a good start and a real damper on new car ownership. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
Wow, that's not a good start and a real damper on new car ownership. Hope you get it sorted quickly.
Further update, I have left it at the dealer and he as been instructed by Seat technical to check if the system recognise certain driver assists and if not disconnect the battery and re input.
This problem also seems to be effecting the full hybrid.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I've had a letter from Yamaha saying there is a recall in my MT10.
It's 4 years old but needs a switch changing.
At least they have contacted me.

DanMn

Nov 26, 2020
My Leon has just come out of the garage for a few small issues, on top of those the Park Assist control unit was changed as part of a recall, and some other software updates to do with emergency call functionality and the KESSY system.
Unfortunately in the process it seems to have forgotten half of its features including Drive Profiles, Cruise Control, Road sign display and Adaptive lighting :banghead:

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Mine went in for all of the updates, spent the night in the dealer as they were replacing the rear interior lighting module and was waiting for it to be delivered today.

One of the updates failed for one of the Driver assist computers, the word parking was mentioned. Dealer got in contact with technical support who said the front camera needed replacing.

Unfortunately there was no cameras available so having to wait another week for a new one to be fitted.

Collecting a loan car tomorrow as the car is having a long stay at the garage?

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
my dealer called today to say theres a update out and mine has flagged up as being one needing its the first edition etsi they said it would take about 3 hours but cant take in yet as a self isolate as my son checked positive for covid this morning so now awaiting my test results

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Hope your son is ok, and you are negative.
Kind of puts a recall on the backburner.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
yes son said only got like stuffed up nose and sinus ache i seem ok but until get result not sure but got to isolate anyway at 76 if its positive hope its just mild so fingers crossed

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
I have aloads of software issues with my leon. Seat won't admit anything.
I took photo’s of the faults showing on the dash and infotainment and email them to the service department and shown them as proof to the service manager, I also told them I had no confidence in the car and was going to reject it.
After they changed the control unit I still had problems so they asked Seat for advice, they came back that all the peripheral control units may still have the old memory, so they took the car back to basic and reloaded the control units memory’,.
No problems now and my service department at the dealer was excellent.