£££££?????

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Ok, i bought my car last February and in the bumph i had a receipt for a remap at AMD and a printout to show it had 2 runs at 260 hp. And to be honest i can agree with that. Although im also happy to believe that a few horses have left the stable over the years.
Now i could be wrong and happy to be corrected but AMD just use a flash generic pre programmed map?
It was done a few years ago mind.

Now, since ive had the car its had a milltek 2.75 inch non res cat back exhaust, badger5 tip, cone filter, huge cold air intake, refurb and new spring diverter valve, cone filter and heat shield, fully silicone hosed, pcv delete and catch tank and airtek front mount intercooler. And a non baffled hot pipe in the post.

The plan is to take the car to badger5 later this year for another remap. I dont know the technical term but matey sat in my car with his laptop programming my it manually for optimal performance etc rather than a generic program.

Now, fitting a 3 inch down pipe with sport cat is an option.

But at £1100 fitted is there going to be that much power difference between having one and not having one?

I.E £1100 for maybe 15hp extra?

Its a daily road car and wont see the track.
That being sead, its my last big hoorah before we all end up driving Nissan Leafs and crap like that.

Cheers in advance for your valid opinions.

Rich

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Ok, i bought my car last February and in the bumph i had a receipt for a remap at AMD and a printout to show it had 2 runs at 260 hp. And to be honest i can agree with that. Although im also happy to believe that a few horses have left the stable over the years.
Now i could be wrong and happy to be corrected but AMD just use a flash generic pre programmed map?
It was done a few years ago mind.

Now, since ive had the car its had a milltek 2.75 inch non res cat back exhaust, badger5 tip, cone filter, huge cold air intake, refurb and new spring diverter valve, cone filter and heat shield, fully silicone hosed, pcv delete and catch tank and airtek front mount intercooler. And a non baffled hot pipe in the post.

The plan is to take the car to badger5 later this year for another remap. I dont know the technical term but matey sat in my car with his laptop programming my it manually for optimal performance etc rather than a generic program.

Now, fitting a 3 inch down pipe with sport cat is an option.

But at £1100 fitted is there going to be that much power difference between having one and not having one?

I.E £1100 for maybe 15hp extra?

Its a daily road car and wont see the track.
That being sead, its my last big hoorah before we all end up driving Nissan Leafs and crap like that.

Cheers in advance for your valid opinions.

Rich

If you're not fussed about brands, im running a cheapo downpipe with a magnaflow sport cat fabbed together and its been spot on. The cat was just under 100 quid and the downpipe 80 quid with 80 quid labour. Id argue downpipe is a very worthwhile upgrade too

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
£500 for labour ?

Ive just had a look on AMDs website and cant find the exhaust now. Its a complete system from end to end with 200 cell cat in 3 inch.

I think i estimated the labour to be £200+vat

Which cant be too bad if its a subframe down job surely?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
If you're not fussed about brands, im running a cheapo downpipe with a magnaflow sport cat fabbed together and its been spot on. The cat was just under 100 quid and the downpipe 80 quid with 80 quid labour. Id argue downpipe is a very worthwhile upgrade too

Im not fussed about brands but am about quality.
My point being ive looked all over Ebay at down pipes of differing prices.
Looking at the sellers negative feedback some of the results show poor fit and fouling in the steering/chassis or subframe.
I dont want the job to be a fk about. I just want one fitted with minimal dramas 1st time.
Id happily buy £50 downpipe if it fitted correctly.
Or even 2nd hand.
The one and only issue is quality of fitment.

Rich

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
£1100 for a downpipe & sports cat is silly money on one of these cars, who quoted that?
But in regards if whether you should get one before a remap - definitely, the stock downpipe & cat is abysmal and will hold the engine back hugely on a stage 2 map.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Quoted by AMD. Full 3 inch exhaust n cat + labour + vat = £1100.
Id love a milltek dp and cat to bolt on to my middle n rear. But they only do decat. Which i find bizarre.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Im not fussed about brands but am about quality.
My point being ive looked all over Ebay at down pipes of differing prices.
Looking at the sellers negative feedback some of the results show poor fit and fouling in the steering/chassis or subframe.
I dont want the job to be a fk about. I just want one fitted with minimal dramas 1st time.
Id happily buy £50 downpipe if it fitted correctly.
Or even 2nd hand.
The one and only issue is quality of fitment.

Rich
Cant argue with that at all. The LCR downpipe is more complicated than the LC so it may not be as good as fit as mine.

I remember seeing Miltek DP's with sports cats in them though when i was shopping for that. :S

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Quoted by AMD. Full 3 inch exhaust n cat + labour + vat = £1100.
Id love a milltek dp and cat to bolt on to my middle n rear. But they only do decat. Which i find bizarre.
Ah right ok that's more plausible now its a full system, I thought it was just the downpipe & cat.

I have a full 3"Milltek system on mine but as it was on a breaker I can't comment on the price although as it came with a decat pipe I've had to purchase a Magnaflow sports cat separately.

Milltek did used to sell the systems with sports cats but this option has since been discontinued, I know this as I attempted to obtain one from them directly last year.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Id prefer that. At least id know it fits properly. Its just trying to find one.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Virtually everything was bought second hand on mine apart from the obvious serviceable items, im just particular about the condition of the ones I buy.
I dread to think of how much my car would have cost me otherwise.

Reactions: Rich.T

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
I had a custom 3" downpipe and sports cat fitted by https://www.styledynamics.co.uk/ to complement my Milltek catback. I think I paid about £600. They did a great job. I could feel the before/after difference in even on a stock map. My car is screaming at me for a remap!! ;) 15years of ownership and I'm still sitting on the fence:LOL:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Interesting. I might give them a call.
I take it looking at their site it wasn't off the shelf?
How long did they have the car for?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Correct it was custom built. They did it in a day. Their pace seemed very chilled when I was there. I just hung around in the nearby Sainsburys cafe round the corner.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I had a custom 3" downpipe and sports cat fitted by https://www.styledynamics.co.uk/ to complement my Milltek catback. I think I paid about £600. They did a great job. I could feel the before/after difference in even on a stock map. My car is screaming at me for a remap!! ;) 15years of ownership and I'm still sitting on the fence:LOL:

Ive emailed them. Just waiting for a reply. But in no rush. So will give them a call when im in a position to put my money where my mouth is.
Their website is pretty impressive.

Reactions: g60stu

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Ive emailed them. Just waiting for a reply. But in no rush. So will give them a call when im in a position to put my money where my mouth is.
Their website is pretty impressive.
I see they’ve moved to high Wycombe since I used them so ignore my comment about Sainsbury’s round the corner!!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’ve used styled dynamics twice and sent people from here to them as well.
Good bunch of guys. Into their mk1 golfs with BAM s fitted etc.
Yup they can custom build it for you.
As for is it worth it. That’s personal.
I had a custom exhaust 3” done by custom pipes.
Great work but they screwed me thinking I’d never go more than stage 1.
They left my original downpipe on. Cheeky ...kers.
My car was making 270 on Bill @ B5’s rollers stage 2 with fuel pump and injectors fitted.
Not the best.
Alex from B5 sold me his second hand Pipeworx downpipe and decat section.
I had styled dynamics fit it and make me a bolt in section with sports cat for mot etc.
Much deeper sound with increased flow.
Went back to Badger to map it again and get all the gains o could.
We ran it on the current map to see what If any gains were to be had.
Surprisingly it ran 283 brake and torque went up by 20. Lbs.
there was more to room to improve but without the rods being done it was as far as Bill wanted to push it snd we called it a day.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Connor H and Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Virtually everything was bought second hand on mine apart from the obvious serviceable items, im just particular about the condition of the ones I buy.
I dread to think of how much my car would have cost me otherwise.

They do get expensive.
Hopefully when this is all done it'll be just services and repairs.
But i doubt it haha

Reactions: iammooks
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.