Votes: 21 5.4%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Sorted the delivery date for my VZ2, being delivered on 25 March the day after my Golf R is collected by Arval. ;)

The Mk8 R really didn't do it for me looks-wise, although it's a great car. Looooong lead times (up to 6 mths!) and less standard kit than mk7.5. Also needed a bit more boot space. Formentor fits the bill and quite frankly looks great and all the standard kit you could ever need. Never considered having an SUV crossover/coupe, whatever you want to call it, before so that says something.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
I am not into SUV's or crossovers either but my wife is obsessed with having one.

When the Formentor popped up it did just seem to tick all the boxes and it was quite easy to get her approval when I talked through how practical it was etc and it looked like what she wanted in her head.

She hasn't spotted the 4 exhaust pipes yet and doesn't know how quick it is so I am going to get into trouble at some point!!!

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I am not into SUV's or crossovers either but my wife is obsessed with having one.

When the Formentor popped up it did just seem to tick all the boxes and it was quite easy to get her approval when I talked through how practical it was etc and it looked like what she wanted in her head.

She hasn't spotted the 4 exhaust pipes yet and doesn't know how quick it is so I am going to get into trouble at some point!!!

Haha she thought she was signing up to the 1.5 version. See how practical she thinks it is when she is at the petrol pump and picking up speeding tickets without knowing

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Haha she thought she was signing up to the 1.5 version. See how practical she thinks it is when she is at the petrol pump and picking up speeding tickets without knowing
Classic! Just wait for the question: "darling, what does this Cupra button do?"

Classic! Just wait for the question: "Darling, what does this Cupra button do?".... nooooooooo 😱

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021

My missus is the same, what does it look like? What badge is on the front? That's it hence why she wanted an Audi or BMW, thankfully she decided to get her own mini so gave me the green light to do what I wanted.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My partner needs a new car so I said she could have my 2019 Ibiza Xcelence Lux and ordered a Formentor VZ2. The 10 week wait is going to drag. I was told I could have a car in 3 weeks from stock but they weren’t the spec I wanted. Hopefully I will get a build date next week and will ask for the name of the ship it will be transported on to the UK once it has been assigned so I can track it.

Reactions: Ricknffc and Syphon

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
My partner needs a new car so I said she could have my 2019 Ibiza Xcelence Lux and ordered a Formentor VZ2. The 10 week wait is going to drag. I was told I could have a car in 3 weeks from stock but they weren’t the spec I wanted. Hopefully I will get a build date next week and will ask for the name of the ship it will be transported on to the UK once it has been assigned so I can track it.

Winner winner! Ha. Feel for you mate, sure it will be worth the wait for you though buddy. What spec were you offered and what have you gone for?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Winner winner! Ha. Feel for you mate, sure it will be worth the wait for you though buddy. What spec were you offered and what have you gone for?
They had 3 cars in different colours, I think 2 were black one with the panoramic sunroof and one in tech metallic grey. I ordered the VZ2 310ps in tech metallic grey and also the towbar as I plan to get a boat in a couple years.
I was allowed to have a conformation test drive once I put a deposit down so had a bit of fun.
It’s a shame we can’t spec beats audio, top view camera etc.. that can be ordered in Europe.
What spec have you got?
Ian

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
They had 3 cars in different colours, I think 2 were black one with the panoramic sunroof and one in tech metallic grey. I ordered the VZ2 310ps in tech metallic grey and also the towbar as I plan to get a boat in a couple years.
I was allowed to have a conformation test drive once I put a deposit down so had a bit of fun.
It’s a shame we can’t spec beats audio, top view camera etc.. that can be ordered in Europe.
What spec have you got?
Ian

It's an unknown quantity to me I've not driven or sat in the car just research on YouTube and internet reviews and down to my local dealership to see it in the flesh from the outside.

Snap mate VZ2 in metallic magnetic tech grey.

Saw my first one actually driving in the road yesterday was a VZ3 in same paint, looked sweet

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It's an unknown quantity to me I've not driven or sat in the car just research on YouTube and internet reviews and down to my local dealership to see it in the flesh from the outside.

Snap mate VZ2 in metallic magnetic tech grey.

Saw my first one actually driving in the road yesterday was a VZ3 in same paint, looked sweet
Where did you order your car from? And when is your car due? I ordered mine from Lakeside Seat/Cupra as they gave me the best discount and are the closest dealer to me. They are owned by Seat/Cupra so don’t haggle on pricing, they just quote £1000 discount on top of the PCP £1500 contribution. I did get them to increase the trade in price though.
I have to say Anabelle who took my order was very helpful.
Ian

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I don't think top view camera is available in the rest of the Europe at this moment. Beats audio you can spec though.

@Ricknffc you saw a VZ3? Did it have the VZ3 rims? I've been scouring the internet for pictures or videos of those rims in flesh for the obvious reason, I ordered them :D. So far only found a couple of pictures but I think they look better in photos then in their renders.

felge4.png

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Where did you order your car from? And when is your car due? I ordered mine from Lakeside Seat/Cupra as they gave me the best discount and are the closest dealer to me. They are owned by Seat/Cupra so don’t haggle on pricing, they just quote £1000 discount on top of the PCP £1500 contribution. I did get them to increase the trade in price though.
I have to say Anabelle who took my order was very helpful.
Ian

Ordered mine from Huddersfield seat/cupra. My local dealership is Preston in the north west but for the second time they couldn't offer the deal that Huddersfield could and it was nice to stay with them as an existing customer I guess. I've got mine on PCH and I'm happy with how they negotiated with me. Last contact with dealer was on Friday he said they were expecting the car today (on the Friday) or Monday ( tomorrow).

So hopefully have more news tomorrow and we can get the paperwork signed ASAP and it can get delivered to me

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I don't think top view camera is available in the rest of the Europe at this moment. Beats audio you can spec though.

@Ricknffc you saw a VZ3? Did it have the VZ3 rims? I've been scouring the internet for pictures or videos of those rims in flesh for the obvious reason, I ordered them :D. So far only found a couple of pictures but I think they look better in photos then in their renders.

View attachment 22328

Sorry well it was either VZ3 or VZ was driving past at the time so was hard to differentiate between the 2 rim types. The Matt black and copper alloys and copper brembo brakes so I knew it was a step up from the VZ2, looked sweet mate

Reactions: Peyton

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Ordered mine from Huddersfield seat/cupra. My local dealership is Preston in the north west but for the second time they couldn't offer the deal that Huddersfield could and it was nice to stay with them as an existing customer I guess. I've got mine on PCH and I'm happy with how they negotiated with me. Last contact with dealer was on Friday he said they were expecting the car today (on the Friday) or Monday ( tomorrow).

So hopefully have more news tomorrow and we can get the paperwork signed ASAP and it can get delivered to me
🤞hopefully you get it soon then. What colour leather did you go for? I went for the black although the blue did look nice in the car I drove.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
🤞hopefully you get it soon then. What colour leather did you go for? I went for the black although the blue did look nice in the car I drove.

I also went for black. I wasn't brave enough to go for blue some pictures/ videos made it look brighter than what I thought it would look like. And I thought black was the safer option and thought it would go better with the tech grey on outside. Think the grey and the blue may have clashed a little bit.

Reactions: Baldiesimo

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I also went for black. I wasn't brave enough to go for blue some pictures/ videos made it look brighter than what I thought it would look like. And I thought black was the safer option and thought it would go better with the tech grey on outside. Think the grey and the blue may have clashed a little bit.
The thing that put me of the blue is the plastics in the car are black so the door arm rests and door handles are in blue leather but the plastic between them are black so stands out. Apart from that it was quite tasteful.
Can you post some pictures when you get your car so I can see what the tech grey looks like?

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
The thing that put me of the blue is the plastics in the car are black so the door arm rests and door handles are in blue leather but the plastic between them are black so stands out. Apart from that it was quite tasteful.
Can you post some pictures when you get your car so I can see what the tech grey looks like?

Yeah I read that in a previous post, not sure if it was yourself who out that up. Yeah course I will mate. I have posted a couple of pics from down at my local dealership of the tech grey in another thread..

Reactions: IanH72

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
These are magnetic tech grey

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_110729.jpg
    IMG_20210223_110729.jpg
    635.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20210223_110137.jpg
    IMG_20210223_110137.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20210223_110132.jpg
    IMG_20210223_110132.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: IanH72
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.