Votes: 21 5.3%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZ5

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CUPRA Formentor VZN

Votes: 7 1.8%

• Total voters

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I'll be getting my car this Saturday. Waaaayy sooner than the expected!
Can't wait for that! I'll probably won't sleep for the next 2 days hahaha
Congrats! My delivery date is closer as well (almost month and a half earlier than first quote). Getting that new car excitement.

I've had a test drive a few days ago, I must say I was overwhelmed. Never drove a DSG/automatic before so a lot of my instincts were screaming (press the clutch :D). Car felt very calm, almost subdued. It felt more comfortable than FR Leon I have now. I didn't get used to the DSG, having the car change gears depending on how hard I pressed the accelerator was strange. It felt much more normal when I put it into manual mode.

I guess it will take some time getting used to, but overall enjoyed it a lot.

My favorite aspect of the car is seeing the bonnet from the drivers seat.

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-12 at 12.06.28.jpeg

Expectations levels are over 9000!!!

Will get it tomorrow. Can't wait.

Also, got it sooner because they offered me a Demo car with the same specs I wanted, for a loot cheaper. It was a good deal in the end.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
View attachment 21890

Expectations levels are over 9000!!!

Will get it tomorrow. Can't wait.

Also, got it sooner because they offered me a Demo car with the same specs I wanted, for a loot cheaper. It was a good deal in the end.

I can’t imagine it has been used much for demos because of all the lockdowns! How many miles has it done?

What model did you go for?

I love the Graphene Grey. I can’t wait until I get mine in a few months!

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
I can’t imagine it has been used much for demos because of all the lockdowns! How many miles has it done?

What model did you go for?

I love the Graphene Grey. I can’t wait until I get mine in a few months!

There's only 1 VZ model in Ireland, so that's the one. 310bhp, beats audio, panoramic roof, etc..

3k KM on the speedometer.

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
I didn’t realise there is only one model in Ireland. I wish we could get the Beats audio in the UK!

3k is nothing and worth getting a large discount.

Enjoy your new car!

Reactions: ruivo

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
I didn’t realise there is only one model in Ireland. I wish we could get the Beats audio in the UK!

3k is nothing and worth getting a large discount.

Enjoy your new car!

Just got final words on the car.
It actually has 1556 Km on the clock.
And it was the first Cupra Formentor registerd in Ireland. That gotta count for something hahaha

Won't be sleeping much tonight.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Is there a way I can make a formal complaint and ban people from telling us they are getting their cars immenintly or in the next few weeks??

I have to wait until the end of June and it's doing my head in. :ROFLMAO:

Very happy for everyone really, enjoy and keep us updated about what we are missing.

• Haha
Reactions: ruivo and Gregums

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Did you get it then :drive1:

Yes!!! I was driving it the whole day hahaha.

All I can say is that I'm not disappointed. The car is awesome. It packs a punch.

This is my first car with this horsepower and DSG clutch. So you can only imagine the smile on my face every time my foot hits the pedal and the pedal hits the floor in Cupra mode hahahha.

I only wish the car had electric seats and electric boot. But I can live without it.

Also, Beats audio is awesome. The subwoofer lives inside the spare wheel in the back and it makes the car tremble hahaha. Love it.

I might do a night run just to check the interior lights, but so far I'm loving it.

I've parked the car close to the car wife wanted to buy, and she instantly got convinced we made the right choice:
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-13 at 13.39.41.jpeg

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Yes!!! I was driving it the whole day hahaha.

All I can say is that I'm not disappointed. The car is awesome. It packs a punch.

This is my first car with this horsepower and DSG clutch. So you can only imagine the smile on my face every time my foot hits the pedal and the pedal hits the floor in Cupra mode hahahha.

I only wish the car had electric seats and electric boot. But I can live without it.

Also, Beats audio is awesome. The subwoofer lives inside the spare wheel in the back and it makes the car tremble hahaha. Love it.

I might do a night run just to check the interior lights, but so far I'm loving it.

I've parked the car close to the car wife wanted to buy, and she instantly got convinced we made the right choice:
View attachment 21908

Congrats. Looks sweet!

Need to swap that window sticker out for one of ours ;)

Reactions: jcbmally

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
New owners, do you get strange looks from other drivers and at cars park when people try to work out what car is it? Or people taking pictures of your car?

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
All the time, I've not been out as much as I'd like due to lockdown, but every trip attracts quizzical looks, a couple of "What's that mate?" and generally positive comments of approval. Even had one guy argue about what my car was! He didn't believe me when I said a Cupra Formentor and would only back off when his wife googled it for him! It's getting easier now the TV ad is out.

Reactions: Peyton

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Anyone managed to set the Soundaktor to 0% with OBDEleven? I keep reading about VAG group putting protection on doing it.

I did it to my Cupra 300 and was wondering if i can do it to my Formentor when it arrives or do i ask the Dealer to do it with Odis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Anyone managed to set the Soundaktor to 0% with OBDEleven? I keep reading about VAG group putting protection on doing it.

I did it to my Cupra 300 and was wondering if i can do it to my Formentor when it arrives or do i ask the Dealer to do it with Odis?

You can do that using the infortainement, its a config.
Not sure if it was also like this in the previous versions, so forgive me if it is a dubm answer haha

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
You can do that using the infortainement, its a config.
Not sure if it was also like this in the previous versions, so forgive me if it is a dubm answer haha

Thats interesting. Hopefully its that easy.

On previous vehicles its not able to be done from the infotainment system.

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Thats interesting. Hopefully its that easy.

On previous vehicles its not able to be done from the infotainment system.

Yeah, so then I can guarantee it is easy. You can edit the custom drive mode, and for example set everything in sport mode, and turn off the fake engine sound. That's how I'm driving. Essentially Cupra mode with no Soundaktor

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Yeah, so then I can guarantee it is easy. You can edit the custom drive mode, and for example set everything in sport mode, and turn off the fake engine sound. That's how I'm driving. Essentially Cupra mode with no Soundaktor

Good. I hate the fake sound in my Leon Cupra so wanting it off in my Fornentor too.

Cheers.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Is there a setting for "exhaust". Formentor has a valve there that opens up in Sport and Cupra modes that gives pops and bangs. Is this selectable as well?

Also is fake sound noticeable in Sport mode?

ruivo

Jan 28, 2021
Is there a setting for "exhaust". Formentor has a valve there that opens up in Sport and Cupra modes that gives pops and bangs. Is this selectable as well?

Also is fake sound noticeable in Sport mode?

No settings for the exhaust. And yes, in cupra mode the pops and bangs are really noticeable.
I've seen some modules being sold to allow control over the exhaust bypass, but hard to tell if they would work in the Formentor.

Soundaktor is only enabled in Cupra mode IIRC, but I can double check since I didn't spent much time in sport mode

Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton