Has anyone had a Delivery date yet ???

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Getting my leased VZ2 25 March. Could have had it this Friday but still got the Golf R on lease till 24th.

Excited! :D

Reactions: Ricknffc

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I drove the car in a test drive. You can hear the pops and bangs inside, but they are not loud. Sound proofing is a step up from Mk3 Leon so that doesn't help (but it's a good thing overall). I don't think fake sound fakes the bangs at all. For me, sound was completely unimpressive so I understand why they fake the sound (I wish you could turn it off and keep pops and bangs).

I can't confirm this but I think it stays in the mode you finished in. But, if the car is cold, it will not open up all 4 exhausts until the car warms up. Couple of guys on the forum mentioned you can "reset" this by changing the modes once the car starts (from Cupra to Comfort and back to Cupra) but I am guessing that the valves remain closed until warm for a reason.

Maybe one of the lucky ones who's car has been delivered can confirm this.
The car starts in the mode it was switched off. Have mine set in individual. My valves open (you hear them quite easily) and they stay open as you can see the steam out of all 4 tips.
Ps, you can hear the pops etc in the car.

Last edited:

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
The car starts in the mode it was switched off. Have mine set in individual. My valves open (you hear them quite easily) and they stay open as you can see the steam out of all 4 tips.
Ps, you can hear the pops etc in the car.

In the process of setting mine up in Individual Mode myself. Only done 60 miles or so and still tweaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
No mate not yet, Monday at 12.30 it's being popped over the Pennines for me. Can't wait been down to cupra dealership over past 2 days taking the sight of a couple of them again ha sad I know. How is yours going Ian?
I haven’t even had a build date yet so I added the extended safety pack yesterday mainly just so I can say I’ve got every option available on the VZ2. Going on the original dates I was given I still have another 7-9 weeks to wait so I’m just working hard so the days go quickly.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
I haven’t even had a build date yet so I added the extended safety pack yesterday mainly just so I can say I’ve got every option available on the VZ2. Going on the original dates I was given I still have another 7-9 weeks to wait so I’m just working hard so the days go quickly.
Ah feel sorry for you mate, fingers crossed they go quickly for you, I'm really lucky that they had my spec available ready to go on the Spanish port. All in all from signing the order form to delivery it's taken just over 5 weeks.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
It will be 4 months and 10 days for me, from order to collection (in two weeks), which is shorter than previous two 5 months waiting periods for factory orders. I didn't need two cars sitting at home during lockdown anyway. And there's something to look forward to.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
It will be 4 months and 10 days for me, from order to collection (in two weeks), which is shorter than previous two 5 months waiting periods for factory orders. I didn't need two cars sitting at home during lockdown anyway. And there's something to look forward to.
Well I'm looking forward to joining the tribe on Monday. Your nearly at the end of a long stint Agnes. What model and spec did you go for?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Ah feel sorry for you mate, fingers crossed they go quickly for you, I'm really lucky that they had my spec available ready to go on the Spanish port. All in all from signing the order form to delivery it's taken just over 5 weeks.
I was told I could have a Formentor VZ2 in the colour in 3 weeks but I wanted a towbar fitted and sunroof so decided to wait.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Hi all,

Watching YouTube tonight and looking into 'leathercare', found this very enlightening!

Going to save a lot of time, money and worry now looking after leather seats :D

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I tried to watch it, but have no sound when guy talks, except intro music. Why don't you summarise it, if it's only 3 points.

It probably deserves new thread anyway.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Basically,

1. Get in and out of your car carefully. Dont be lazy and 'drag your ass' over the bolsters (easiest way to wear and then damage them, no amount of conditioning will fix this)
2. Don't condition the leather, CLEAN it - far more important.
3. Although car seat leather is leather it has a synthetic coating so to all intents and purposes just needs a decent clean every so often... bit like continually polishing the paintwork, which has a lacquer on it so a bit pointless.

Worth searching this out on YouTube, as I've probs missed bits out. I usually ignore US content but this guy is very knowledgeable.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise