Things I have discovered about the car.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
No CD player either. How am I going to play my ' now that's what I call christmas' cd's when it turns to December?
Ever cloud has a silver lining!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I need to look into downloading to my phone so I can access via Android auto. Nothing quite as bad as NTWICM, I don't think!

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
One thing that could be improved are the shift paddles, a bit too short for my liking. I feel like I'm having to reach around quite a bit with my fingertips to have a good firm purchase on them. Best way to do it is to hook your thumbs into the steering wheel for your grip. Would prefer it if they came out from behind the wheel a little more, that is me actively trying to be picky mind
I’m sure you could retrofit the paddles from the mk8 golf R?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Grow up and fire via your cell phone your playlist or.. whatever. Thanks to Lord that CD/DVD/BR are out of cars. :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha. I do use Spotify, just became a bit of a tradition of mine and the family to stick that particular CD in at Xmas time ha

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Been playing with the ACC and other assist systems a bit more today and thing starting to get the hang of it

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
When visit lakes usually go up coastal way after bowness Windermere etc via barrow. Lovely place of the world got a couple of friends in cockermouth ha

Reactions: jcbmally

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
When visit lakes usually go up coastal way after bowness Windermere etc via barrow. Lovely place of the world got a couple of friends in cockermouth ha

Cockermouth is 8 miles from where I live. You’ll definitely see a few Formentors if you come up the coastal route to Cockermouth. You’ll actually pass my local dealer B&H Motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricknffc

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Today was the day lads of something I have been eagerly anticipating, I've just took the VZ2 for a quick single carriageway dash to local shop to pick up some essentials. Pulled back up to my drive (fence on one side, house on other). Was just playing with the ambient background lighting. Put onto ' drive profile' setting- cupra in neutral I thought ' I will give it a couple revs, took it just over 3000 rpm and I got some grumbles and pops out the exhaust. 😄. Very enjoyable only did it the twice as I'm still in ' not revving too hard mode'. Very enjoyable to hear and i guess made it all the better the sound bouncing off the house and fencing.

One thing I did want to ask though is.. do the exhaust valves open fully in individual mode if you set it to engine- cupra. I don't think they do.. get the Immediate performance of engine and gearbox but I'm don't think you get the sound of the exhaust

Reactions: jcbmally and Peyton

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Today was the day lads of something I have been eagerly anticipating, I've just took the VZ2 for a quick single carriageway dash to local shop to pick up some essentials. Pulled back up to my drive (fence on one side, house on other). Was just playing with the ambient background lighting. Put onto ' drive profile' setting- cupra in neutral I thought ' I will give it a couple revs, took it just over 3000 rpm and I got some grumbles and pops out the exhaust. 😄. Very enjoyable only did it the twice as I'm still in ' not revving too hard mode'. Very enjoyable to hear and i guess made it all the better the sound bouncing off the house and fencing.

One thing I did want to ask though is.. do the exhaust valves open fully in individual mode if you set it to engine- cupra. I don't think they do.. get the Immediate performance of engine and gearbox but I'm don't think you get the sound of the exhaust
You tried flicking the gear selector down so it goes from D to S? That might do it 😁. In the R it's always the quick way to improve throttle response if you suddenly need to overtake and were in Normal or even (shock horror) Eco mode.

Reactions: Gregums

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
You tried flicking the gear selector down so it goes from D to S? That might do it 😁. In the R it's always the quick way to improve throttle response if you suddenly need to overtake and were in Normal or even (shock horror) Eco mode.

I will experiment with individual mode engine on cupra and put it into S. Im trying to keep out of S at the mo as trying to stop from over revving too much. So I just had it in N on the drive in cupra mode and gave it a little tickle and it was nice to hear the grumbles and pops.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021

Is there an engine sound setting? Not sure if that is fake sound generator or valves. Depends if there is a separate sound actuator setting.

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I will experiment with individual mode engine on cupra and put it into S. Im trying to keep out of S at the mo as trying to stop from over revving too much. So I just had it in N on the drive in cupra mode and gave it a little tickle and it was nice to hear the grumbles and pops.
Fair point 👍, best not to just yet then.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Is there an engine sound setting? Not sure if that is fake sound generator or valves. Depends if there is a separate sound actuator setting.
Yeah there is an engine sound setting and that is for the fake noise you get pumped through the cabin but there is also a separate setting engine- which is your throttle response. If you go on individual mode and configure it to have the 'cupra' engine but the 'comfort engine sound' you get the performance of the engine in cupra mode without the fake noise. But what you don't get however are the actual valves in the exhaust opening fully. You have to be in full sport mode or full cupra mode for that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.