Things I have discovered about the car.

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Would have been nice to have a proper ambient lighting strip in the footwell where the pedals are and same position in passenger side. Realised it's only really lit from the ambient lighting in door cards

Reactions: CupraFan2021

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Would have been nice to have a proper ambient lighting strip in the footwell where the pedals are and same position in passenger side. Realised it's only really lit from the ambient lighting in door cards
Should have footwell lights on both sides, but they are not very bright as I have found out.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
You may be familiar with the car going into ‘Eco’ mode (neutral transmission) when letting off the accelerator sometimes, however you can also force eco mode by a very quick tap of the accelerator pedal (depress maybe 1-2%) whenever in D. It’s nice to have control over this function as coasting works very effectively in many situations.

Similarly, a quick tap of the brake pedal will put the car back into gear.

Reactions: Wattser

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Ah right yeah I've noticed that tiny bit of lighting by your feet not great at all though and shame it can't be properly lit
Have you adjusted the brightness of the interior lighting? Look up interior lighting in the manual, p118, automatic will depend on driving mode, but I've set mine manually to be as bright as possible and it's comparable to my Audi

Reactions: Yaz2010

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Have you adjusted the brightness of the interior lighting? Look up interior lighting in the manual, p118, automatic will depend on driving mode, but I've set mine manually to be as bright as possible and it's comparable to my Audi
Yeah did that as soon as got the car to brightest. I will have a proper look at night time as most of my driving has been done in the light.

Apr 29, 2021
Is it possible to force the trafic assist to run a little faster than the road sign ?

So if the sign says 50 you can set it to 55?

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Is it possible to force the trafic assist to run a little faster than the road sign ?

So if the sign says 50 you can set it to 55?
You can set a speed limiter which gives you an audible and I imagine visual warning if you exceed a chosen speed. Don't think you can programme the traffic assist to a speed though

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Is ‘Traffic Assist’ different to ‘Travel Assist’? because the latter can be set to any speed - it’s just ACC with added lane guidance.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Isn't the whole idea of automatic monitoring of speed to keep to the signposted limit? If you want a bit higher speed, then switch off that function in ACC and just set it manually.

Reactions: Baldiesimo

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Just watched latest Volkswizard YouTube video, skip to 12:15... anyone tried this on their Formentor yet? Also saw the same on the review of the new Arteon R by Autogefuhl. Quick way to get to full 'Attack Mode' as Andrew says 💪👍

Reactions: IanH72

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
Figured this out a couple of weeks ago, you can force the engine to cut out by a hard press of the brake when stationary.

Edit.. I think the engine has to be up to temp first as I tried it after first getting in this morning and didn't work.

Last edited:

Ricknffc

Feb 20, 2021
When in manual you can switch directly to 'D' by flicking the gear lever fully back. Till now I have been flicking it once and it takes it into 'S' then flicking it again taking it to 'D' but if you pull it fully back it goes straight to 'D' ( pulling the gear selector back there are 2 notches) pulling it straight back to its 2nd notch takes it to 'D'

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.