OBD Modifications

Dijon92

Oct 15, 2021
Android auto working over the air!
Module multimedia-adaptions
Screenshot_20211111-105101~2.jpg

I did put the red markings to on instead of USB-only.
Screenshot_20211111-105134~2.jpg

IMG_20211111_104910.jpg

Reactions: KoNG and KokDu

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
One thing I noticed- the connection to vehicle went very bad, once I did the initial adaptations of the items shown in my previous posts:
  1. connecting the OBDeleven to the car is now very difficult
  2. connection to some of the modules (i.e. 5F - Multimedia ) is again very difficult (cannot connect to the unit)
  3. adaptation of some of the items in 5F fails with "Something went wrong
Nothing has changed on my side, so the app (or the car) has failed.

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
Would you say that activation of full link is now possible?
No, not. I found the menu where Mirror Link is , activated it to ON , but nothing changes. Activated also apple car play and android auto to ON as well, but no luck.
I found a menu for USB configuration as well, currently is set to USB_ipod, there are options for Off, charge, Full and Ubs_ipod. Due to communcation errors between OBD and the car - I cannot set it to FULL and see if changes way the car behaves...

Reactions: mulaganesh

mulaganesh

Sep 8, 2021
No, not. I found the menu where Mirror Link is , activated it to ON , but nothing changes. Activated also apple car play and android auto to ON as well, but no luck.
I found a menu for USB configuration as well, currently is set to USB_ipod, there are options for Off, charge, Full and Ubs_ipod. Due to communcation errors between OBD and the car - I cannot set it to FULL and see if changes way the car behaves...
Thanks for getting back to me on this. I hope someone will figure out how to make it work.

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
I managed to unlock the USB to full but still Android Auto/Mirrorlink is not activated.
Only thing happening when I plug my phone is to get the message or car screen - "Please check your USB configuration).

Reactions: mulaganesh

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021
So what exactly this new "sfd unlocking" brought? For instance does it allow any modification to ambient lights? (that's what I care about most honestly) can someone share their story what this new upgrade allowed them to do?

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
So what exactly this new "sfd unlocking" brought? For instance does it allow any modification to ambient lights? (that's what I care about most honestly) can someone share their story what this new upgrade allowed them to do?

+1

I am very interested to see what’s actually built in to these cars that just needs activating. For instance HBA, Traffic sign recognition, and for those of us with the wraparound lighting I wonder if even blind spot assist is available to activate (assuming rear parking sensors is a requirement but most have that)

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I guess we wont know until someone without these features try to code them. HBA and TSR both require the A5 camera and blind spot requires rear radars (not just parking sensors), so may not be just coding.

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
I could be very wrong but don’t they all have the “High” (A5) Camera as standard and just not coded for that? Only reason I believe that is because my old Mk3.5 Octavia came with standard lane assist but they were able to have TSR and HBA coded.
Also, it’s been rumoured VW were thinking of doing OTA subscriptions for upgrade packs, which would make sense to have the higher equipment installed as standard with just an upgrade code available?

we shall wait and see! Sadly I don’t have any coding tool (yet) so can’t fully chip in.

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
I have shown some examples on previous page of what can be done with SFD unlocked OBDeleven.

Here is info on ambient light, looks like it can be done on VAG vehicles :

Googl luck!

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I could be very wrong but don’t they all have the “High” (A5) Camera as standard and just not coded for that? Only reason I believe that is because my old Mk3.5 Octavia came with standard lane assist but they were able to have TSR and HBA coded.
Also, it’s been rumoured VW were thinking of doing OTA subscriptions for upgrade packs, which would make sense to have the higher equipment installed as standard with just an upgrade code available?

we shall wait and see! Sadly I don’t have any coding tool (yet) so can’t fully chip in.
You may be right. Just had a quick snoop around the interwebs, and it appears that VW are already offering HBA and multi-color ambient light as in-car purchase for the Golf 8, so could very well be possible! Again we need someone to try i out.

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021
I have shown some examples on previous page of what can be done with SFD unlocked OBDeleven.

Googl luck!

Googl luck!
I saw your modifications. Seems like you activated engine torque meter and acceleration. Can you share a pic of them I wonder how they look like. You also mentioned staging. Can you elaborate on that?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
I saw your modifications. Seems like you activated engine torque meter and acceleration. Can you share a pic of them I wonder how they look like. You also mentioned staging. Can you elaborate on that?
On my side torque meter or engine power doesn’t work.
also, haven’t found where to change ambiant color and led strip cooor

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Same for me with torque and power. I found some settings for ambient lights in 5F, but I don't think it's going to be a simple on/off coding.

What's working for me so far:

• Rear lights with DRL
  • DRL and HBA on/off in light menu
  • DRL as coming/leaving home lights by day
  • Automatic hazard lights with Emergency Assist
  • Cupra view (but the RPM scaling is wrong for diesel)
  • Transmission oil temperature
I also found some settings to allow manual input to Android Auto in motion, but didn't manage to code it, will try again later.

Connection to the ECU seems very unstable with this version of the app, many of the changes had to be applied multiple times before going through, anyone else having the same problem?

Dkn5000

Oct 29, 2021
Same for me with torque and power. I found some settings for ambient lights in 5F, but I don't think it's going to be a simple on/off coding.

What's working for me so far:

• Rear lights with DRL
  • DRL and HBA on/off in light menu
  • DRL as coming/leaving home lights by day
  • Automatic hazard lights with Emergency Assist
  • Cupra view (but the RPM scaling is wrong for diesel)
  • Transmission oil temperature
I also found some settings to allow manual input to Android Auto in motion, but didn't manage to code it, will try again later.

Connection to the ECU seems very unstable with this version of the app, many of the changes had to be applied multiple times before going through, anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this new feature on obd doesnt seem too attractive right now. It seems costly only for these features

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
This would mean that it is possible to activate it via OBDeleven (or possibly Carista in the future).
There is already an OBD11 app for VIM for the Golf 8, so I assume it's only a matter of time before it's available for the Leon.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this new feature on obd doesnt seem too attractive right now. It seems costly only for these features
I agree, but I'm sure there's lots more that can be done, especially on lower spec cars. Give it some time and someone will eventually uncover more functions.

KokDu

Sep 25, 2021
There is already an OBD11 app for VIM for the Golf 8, so I assume it's only a matter of time before it's available for the Leon.

The question is how to activate it without waiting (and paying 200 credits) for the app. I am still researching how it can be done via adaptation via the adaptation and not waiting for an app. :(

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I believe VIM requires an additional security code that is generated specifically for you car, not really sure how that works. I haven't heard of anyone succesfully coding it without an app.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise