Hybrid Mk4 FR Sport being delivered Wed. Hi all. Couple of questions.

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Pulled the trigger after a recent test drive on a new Hybrid Leon FR Sport in Mystery Blue.
Coming from a 2019 BMW X3 M40i so a huge change, but exciting change btw, but WBAC have given us more than what we paid BMW last March.

Annoyingly, I can't get the definitive answer although it looks like a no, I know it as lane assist but does the UK Mk4 come with traffic sign recognition? If not, can it be coded and how much is this coding?
I've seen this thread here but it's up to 2019 models - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...deleven-for-vehicles-with-lane-assist.461382/

Anything out there better than the Travall Dog Guard for similar money?

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Welcome! Different motors, im sure you'll love the Leon though, to answer your question, the traffic sign is part of the safety and driving pack M onwards

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: nb67

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Welcome! Different motors, im sure you'll love the Leon though, to answer your question, the traffic sign is part of the safety and driving pack M onwards

Looking forward to the new car in truth, no 6pot burbling BMW but then again, it's now slouch either. The wife's car so I kept out of this one for the majority of it.

Reactions: Leonfr140

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Car arrived today with the dealer doing exactly as I said and with not washing it and leaving on the transportation tape on the side pillars, rear qtrs etc.....

Looked shabby as hell but just how I wanted it as I'm doing a full decon, light machine polish then tossing a coin of whether I ceramic coat it or get back into my love of waxing every other week as I have some beaut waxes in my arsenal.

First impressions, we love it despite not being keyless entry and no traffic sign recognition (sorted that with the speed signs in the nav screen)
Great drive, smooth and with tech that I thought would be a ballache but which is quite nice n easy now I've got head around the basic stuff, especially as I was under the impression that most stuff had to be adjusted/controlled thru the centre console screen. Finding the steering wheel controls and functions easy to navigate/control.

No X3 M40i but then again, it was £15k less, brand new and unregistered.

BTW, for those who may be wanting to sell a minter, try a company called Motorway. They've just sold our car within 24 hrs of us loading it up onto their site for a quote. We got £42,494 for a 2019 X3 M40i with 9k miles on. That's £3054 more than what we paid Stratstone BMW last March, basically, we've been paid £3k for driving around in a beast of a car for 15mths. The 2nd hand minter market is bonkers at the moment.

Reactions: Leonfr140

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Machine polished with Carpro Essence and sealed with Britemax Igneous Quartz Ceramic. Wheels sealed with Nasiol ZR53 that I had spare and grey/black trims/front grille sealed with G Techniq C4.

Loving the car more than I thought I would!!

lRy8uFel.jpg

e2Xb1Fpl.jpg

tAcwrUpl.jpg

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Scrubs up rather nicely does ol Mystery Blue!! Looks proper nice, shame they seem to have stopped Mystery Blue, according to the brochure! Nice pics and hopefully many happy miles!! Congrats!

Reactions: nb67

nb67

Jun 6, 2021
Well peeps, sold the Leon on, £650 more than we paid for it new. It's been bought by Carsupermarket if anyone wants a low mileage minter.

We simply couldn't get on with the infotainment system in new Seat's, extremely fiddly to use and navigate around coupled with the heating controls not being backlit at night was just bonkers imo. Glitches started to bug it also so we've bit the bullet while it was still worth some £££'s

Merc EQA 300 due soon as it's replacement with the Mrs now in a Cooper S cab that has a user friendly system and actual knobs and buttons for adjusting settings.

Farewell, short but a tad bittersweet ownership which was a pity.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah the new infotainement systems are bonkers!!

The merc will be in a different league.

Congrats on the purchase

Facelift time i fully expect VW and Seat to make the temp sliders backlit, stupid stupid idea

Deleted member 123864

I don't get why people would want to adjust the heating controls at all, not to mind at night.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
I've never had a car where I've needed to adjust the climate control so much, it turns out the wiring is backwards - if they're going to introduce a feature like that they could at least illuminated the stupid controls!

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
What are the voice controls like, aren't you meant to be able to use them for temp etc? Haven't actually sat in a mk4, so when mine eventually arrives will be the first time!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
What are the voice controls like, aren't you meant to be able to use them for temp etc? Haven't actually sat in a mk4, so when mine eventually arrives will be the first time!

Oh, you are in for a real treat - the humour and anticipation I get from my passengers while trying to use the voice controls. Five minutes of repeating the same phrase and eventual shouting leaves my wife in stitches; it's just easier to stab wildly in the dark and hit the volume controls instead.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Oh, you are in for a real treat - the humour and anticipation I get from my passengers while trying to use the voice controls. Five minutes of repeating the same phrase and eventual shouting leaves my wife in stitches; it's just easier to stab wildly in the dark and hit the volume controls instead.
You just nearly made me burst out laughing in a Teams meeting :LOL: .

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Well like say when you get in the car its freezing turn it up. Then when you are hot turn it back down.

Not an uncommon or strange request
Agree. I adjust the temperature in my car on pretty much every journey.

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
I rarely adjust the temperature in the car. On cold mornings I just hit the max button on the light cluster and leave that on for a few minutes until the pre-set temperature is reached, problem solved. Still, I agree that the design of the heating controls is quite stupid, but it's not a big problem in my daily life.

Deleted member 123864

Well like say when you get in the car its freezing turn it up. Then when you are hot turn it back down.

Not an uncommon or strange request
But it's climate control. You set it to the temperature you'd like and never touch it again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.