MIB3: Wireless Full Link (CarPlay + AndroidAuto) works! Thanks to OBD11

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
Hi guys! this is one amazing thread!
I have an Ateca FR 2022
software 0809
hardware H56

I would really love to know if I can also make my android auto wireless :)

Furthermore, is this can only be done with OBDEleven PRO package? or can be done with other OBDs?

Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
I have an Ateca FR 2022
software 0809
hardware H56

Furthermore, is this can only be done with OBDEleven PRO package? or can be done with other OBDs?

Thanks!
On the OP and your last question you would be able to do the same using VCDS as OBDEleven Pro. The later costs more. Doubt other "One click" OBD dongles would do it. Pro gives you the same level of "programming" as VCDS, one click dongles try to make it easy for users to do one click but obviously they have to target what that function is. Really like a spreadsheet macro of commands. They are not good to use since you have no command over them. Saying that if you saw a dongle advertised that claimed to do it, it might subject to whether it's implemented well.

The developers of OBDEleven cover both bases, the Pro being the programmed side. They now also allow users to generate their own one click apps and submit them to them. Pass on whether any one has done one, you'd have to check. That's a higher level of license than the Pro for people who want to do that. If you love macros and clicking stuff that you don't know what it's doing to your car or how to undo it, one click is the answer... people in the know don't recommend it. You need to know what it's doing to be on the safe side so you can undo it.

You can always take out the annual Pro license part of the dongle and let it lapse to save money. Take it out again if you want to do more coding. The dongle would revert back to error checking and one click in that scenario. Most car coding you do in the first part of ownership so for the cost conscious it has merit. If you have the dongle with a Pro license from before they put in the annual license then you already have a license for life. It was just new users that were effected.

I have an Ateca FR 2022
software 0809
hardware H56

Thanks!
0836 is the latest software. Worlds apart from your current one

Wireless is fairly easy on that unit if the car has online services connectivity

Last edited:
Do they wait for an update or ask the dealer or Obdeleven Pro it. If it's not a bug the firmware won't be updated will it like mib2 firmware. Will be static.
Is obdeleven doing software updates now? Or still just telling people there's updates available for modules that if they attempt it'll kill the module

0836 fixes the weird on screen artifacts when using wireless carplay, amongst other issues. It's night and day compared to his existing software

Only seems to run OTA when there's an active seat/Cupra connect subscription however some have had them run OTA without a subscription. I usually end up performing it locally

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Is obdeleven doing software updates now? Or still just telling people there's updates available for modules that if they attempt it'll kill the module

0836 fixes the weird on screen artifacts when using wireless carplay, amongst other issues. It's night and day compared to his existing software

Only seems to run OTA when there's an active seat/Cupra connect subscription however some have had them run OTA without a subscription. I usually end up performing it locally
On the first it just provides info that other people have newer firmware not that it will do it. I ignore that / note it. The amusing one was when it said there was newer firmware to mib2 high than 1447. It started the egg hunt off. The guys behind the AIO software use a backdoor to duck the SLA1 signature check and manufacture the checksums as well so it gets read in ship shape. All clever stuff which meant they could slap their own release code in what had manufactured. Well someone had. The use of Obdeleven had seen that code and started the egg hunt off. Now they keep the release code to 1447 but add Gracenote updates beyond the final release of 1447 plus the lifelong FeCs in the package. Moral there somewhere.

Seems 0836 is the one to have at the minute.

BTW I'm told by Skoda folk the map update out of contract for mib3 using the USB upload and the website works. I haven't heard or seen any Seat people say that's the case. Might have missed it. Possibly now does work. At one point the upload did nothing on Seat mib3 cars and Skoda and VW. Worth a try for anyone out of contract that wants to update the built in maps. That facility is probably connected to the firmware release as well. Probably need a thread if someone gets that to work. It could be that Seat are being awkward and playing the FeC card as Audi do on mib2 highs or they arent. Needs a try by someone who knows what they are doing and familiar with the mib2 high map updates. Same process except a different file.

Last edited:

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
So to get this straight, cause I'm kinda newbie here....
one click apps are pre-defined scripts that run several commands?
pro version let u see all available commands and run them one by one, with the ability to create a script of my own?

Tell

Staff member
So to get this straight, cause I'm kinda newbie here....
one click apps are pre-defined scripts that run several commands?
pro version let u see all available commands and run them one by one, with the ability to create a script of my own?
All correct up to "the ability to create a script of my own". For that you need a license above the Pro. Making your own scripts is the "Ultimate" license. The OCA builder referred in the link is in the Ultimate.

I've been known to squabble with the ultimate license people here about the dangers of one click 😉. They are really crowd sourcers that Obdeleven are using to do their one click development work. Pro is the way to go to give similar VCDS functionality.

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
Oh ok, there's the ultimate one as well right :)
Anyway the pro is a must in order to enable AA wireless.

About the other discussion u had with East Yorkshire Retrofits, is there a way to update the software on my own?

Tell

Staff member
Oh ok, there's the ultimate one as well right :)
Anyway the pro is a must in order to enable AA wireless.

About the other discussion u had with East Yorkshire Retrofits, is there a way to update the software on my own?
Nah unless @East Yorkshire Retrofits knows a way. If it's a bug an over the air one from Seat are known. They have done those with some Mib3s. Others they call in. If its not deemed to be a bug it wont get fixed for free.

The coding in the OP releases what I call a "suppressed menu". They are common in mib2. The functionality is there but they turn it off. Sometimes due to confusion on their part or sold without the functionality as an additional buying option. Coding releases these suppressed menus.

Tell

Staff member
Thinking about it, do you still need to code to enable the screen. I expect you do. So it's an upgrade to more reliable firmware but still you need to code since the behaviour is defined by the long string of the unit which won't change in the firmware upgrade.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Once it's updated, it's updated

Coding/adaptations aren't changed by an update itself

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise