• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 18, 2026
5
0
I recently bought a used Formentor 1.4 PHEV from 2022 and I wanted to check if the hybrid battery is in good condition or not.
Does anyone know how to read the hybrid battery State of Health (SoH) using VCDS or another OBD tool?
I tried with OBD Eleven and it shows a lot of information like cell voltage of all cells but I can't find any values related to the health or current battery capacity...

I'm going to order a VCDS dongle to try and read it. Does anyone know where this info is on the battery control module?
 
On the factory diagnostic tooling you find the menu In the battery control module under diagnostic address 008C. There's a test plan called "check battery state of health" or "check residual voltage of the high voltage battery".

Once you run the test, it carries out a measurement over a few seconds and populates the result.

I'm not sure VCDS or OBDeleven has this functionality.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rexnanet
On the factory diagnostic tooling you find the menu In the battery control module under diagnostic address 008C. There's a test plan called "check battery state of health" or "check residual voltage of the high voltage battery".

Once you run the test, it carries out a measurement over a few seconds and populates the result.

I'm not sure VCDS or OBDeleven has this functionality.
By "factory diagnostic tooling" you mean ODIS software and VAS6154 dongle?

Thanks for the reply!
 
Not sure if it helps but ODB11 Latest release has this note included, I have no experience so cant say what it does or if its any good but if you already have a OBD11 Worth a shot to see if its any good (nb this is on the new app not the VAG One)


What's new​

• EV battery check is now available for supported Volkswagen Group vehicles, including Audi, Škoda, SEAT/CUPRA. Check your EV battery in the app and get a clearer picture of its condition.