• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

mrdunkleysexy

Active Member
Dec 12, 2009
13
0
Hi

I need to replace the side lights on my FR technology.

I've trawled the The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide but just need some advice as it doesn't appear GSF or Eurocar Parts sell the LED ones I need.

I've checked on Ebay and there are various UK sellers selling pairs in the range of £10 to £20 region. I don't want to cheap out on the replacements but would appreciate some seller recommendations.

Apologies if this has been asked before thank you.

P21W LED.JPG
 
My two pence would be to read the small print on whether they need the resistor ? to stop the LED flicker. That's the one you have to watch out for. I replaced the reversing light and rear indicator lights on my Ateca without issue (the launch Ateca wasnt full LED at the rear) but they were LEDs that Seat Spanish / German forum had used from that Chinese site (Aliexpress). See bulb thread on the Ateca side. If you fish around you may find other people who have changed that bulb with their recommendations. You would not want that flicker thou.

People changed the Ateca internal lights to LED and got that flicker since they hadn't done their research. Base Atecas at the time had filament lights. I'm sure you'll find loads of threads on here about LED and that resistor.

Subsequent to changing those bulbs the ones I bought were badged under different names so it was possible to keep on top of it. I did buy spares. 9 years on or so the originals I put in have been fine... spares not required as it happens.

BTW Also Amazon. I did a Google.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: mrdunkleysexy
Apologies for the delay. The email to this reply was in my spam box. I assumed the error was due to my side lights but checked them in the night and they seem fine so I will check the other external lights when I'm back from holiday.
17788.jpg
 
I seem to recall the led bulb issue can throw up one of those errors... quick Google


So what happens even if a replacement bulb is fitted the cars monitoring can throw up a bulb issue since the led parameters are outside of the consumption range it's expecting. To clear this down Obdeleven or equivalent can be used to clear error messages. I never experienced the error or message since I copied the recommended bulbs being installed by other people. Once you get a bulb fitted that is canbus friendly it won't keep showing the error.

Advertised as canbus error free means atleast it's been thought about. Suspect the SeatCupra site might be full of canbus error posts when it was popular to replace by led.

Below:

 
  • Like
Reactions: nd-photo.nl