• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Sep 27, 2026
4
1
So,
I had the MIB2 Entry (5f0035887) unit, and I decided to change it for a full MIB2 5QA035858. I've ordered the cables from China, and taken the component protection off, and everything works well, besides the speakers.
In my car, there are 4 speakers in the doors, and 2 in the front pillars (tweeters, I think?), and out of them, only one speaker on the drivers seat, and those 2 tweeters are playing, no matter the sound settings.
I've tried changing the speaker settings via VCDS (bytes 4 and 11 in the long coding), but it makes no difference.
Do I have to change the wiring to account for the new head unit, or am I just doing the coding wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated <3
 
  • Like
Reactions: serdar_18fr
Unit requires correct parameterisation and coding
I've read about that, and I don't really see how would that solve the issue. I have 4 pins in my audio plug, so 2 channels, and according to the diagrams, it should correspond to the 2 front channels on the quadlock connector
Unit requires correct parameterisation and coding
I thought that too, but it wouldn't make any sense to me, from my knowledge, those radios
 
Update: Turned out it's just a blown speaker, it decided to blow up at the exact time I changed the radio 😅