Linz_FR

You never said wot size?! lol well i think there are nicer 17s out there i do like em but just dnt think on the ibiza ad rather have mine lowered to make my wheels look better after all the bother i had with my 17s on my focus.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
My new wheels...

Here are my new wheels. :) Went to see them today after work and I could not believe the great condiion they are in! So I bought them... I think they have been refurbed but it was a good job. Only one of the wheels has some slight marks. :funk:

I now have to change the tyres but my neighbour works at a tyre place so I might get a good deal :whistle:

CIMG1895.jpg

CIMG1896.jpg

CIMG1897.jpg

CIMG1898.jpg

CIMG1899.jpg

Will update with photos of them on the car soon!

PS: I will have two tyres for sale too... (Pirelli 225 45 17s) ;)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
What should I do with my alloys?

Currently I have two sets of alloy wheels... my FR 16"s (on the car) and the TT 17" 6 spokes. (see below for pics.)

I can't decide whether to:
1. Get tyres for the TT wheels, fit them and keep the FR wheels (in case I hate the TT look)
2. Tyres for TT wheels and SELL the FR alloys.
2. Keep the FR alloys on the car and SELL the TT alloys.
3. Sell both sets of wheels and get some different ones entirely....

WHAT SHOULD I DO? :confused:

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Does anyone have any wheels they want to swap or PX? :blink:

CIMG1899.jpg

front2.jpg

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
The FR stays...

Got the car back yesterday from the stealers... new rad looks shiny!

My plan to purchase a Cupra Tdi near me is OFF... for the moment! :cry:
The dealer was going to give me bugger all for the FR as trade-in against it so I decided not too swap. :censored:

Maybe in the future... :whistle:

So I am keeping the lovely FR now. Lots of mods in the pipeline but money dictates when these will happen.

My wishlist: Get TT alloys sorted with tyres, Green cotton filter, Cupra intake, Rear ARB, Forge 007.... :headhurt:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Modded engine cover

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem! SEAT Sport strut brace rubbing on engine cover... so I have cut away the raised bit at the back and some of the recirc valve cover.
RUBBING [:@]
CIMG2053.jpg

CUT AWAY AT REAR OF ENGINE COVER
CIMG2051.jpg

AIR BOX CLEARANCE
CIMG2050.jpg

CUT AWAY ENGINE COVER :whistle:
CIMG2054.jpg

Does anyone else have this problem?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
TT alloys

Put the TT alloys on the car today! If I like them I will replace the old tyres with lower profile jobbies (they are 225/45 17s at the moment.) Not sure...
What are your thoughts folks? Different colour maybe? Sell them and get something else?
Send me your comments, ideas and thoughts :)
CIMG2238.jpg

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2239.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The shape of the TT wheel looks good. They'd look better if they were a darker colour....maybe anthracite or a dark grey like mine :)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
The shape of the TT wheel looks good. They'd look better if they were a darker colour....maybe anthracite or a dark grey like mine :)

That is what I'm thinking. I like the shape of them etc. but they look daft with the larger profile tyres on at the moment. I might have a go at colouring them myself! I will ask someone to maybe do a photoshop of them in different colours.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Here's a thread I made of how I refurbed my wheels.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153559

It's definitely worth doing it yourself. Or seeing as your wheels are in good nick you could just prep them, then take the wheels down to a bodyshop and get them to spray the wheels a custom colour

I will probably prep them and give painting a go! They don't need any work doing to smooth them or repair so it is just a colour change! Great guide by the way :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.