vmark's Leon MK2 FR TDI 170

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Hey guys
Thought I'd start a new Thread as I'm now an owner of a 2011 Leon MK2 FR 2.0TDI 170BHP coming from my previous car which has its own thread on the forum Ibiza MK5 Facelift 1.4TSI DSG.
Changed across after having the Ibiza for almost 2 years with having a baby and needing a bigger car but not wanting to settle for any less of a car :).

The Leon has got loads of extra toys and kit :p

18" Wheels
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Rain Sensing Wipers
Auto Headlights
Centre Armrest
USB Port
Cruise Control
Dual Climate Control and AC

Mods Currently done

Cree LED Side Lights/DRL's
Phillips Diamond Vision Dipped Beams
Phillips Diamond Vision Fog's
LED Number Plate
LED Interior Lights Including Glove box and Boot
Stubby Arial (brought across from my Ibiza)
Smoked Side repeaters
Silvertec Indicator Bulbs

Thought I'd post some pics of the Ibiza First and then the Leon :)

Izzy as she was collected from the Dealer

And then after I'd had a few mods done and the VWR Forced Intake :p

Now here's the Leon (not yet named xD)

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
But for now I've bought a Pipercross Panel Filter to replace the Stock Air Filter today due to it being a bit dirty even though it was Serviced apparently :/. All fitted and running Nicely also bought some Miller's to put in the Tank as I don't know what the last owner used Fuel wise but I always vpower in my motors, though in this case it maybe BP Ultimate with people saying vpower isn't as thick and will run down quick vs BP Ultimate but ill give vpower a go first to help clean the shite out.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Do it ;) haha....***** :rofl:

Lol xD well I've got a couple of things in mind anyways just a case of as and when they get done :)

Looking at getting the black surround grill from the cupra as its just a straight swap and may de-badge Leon from the back but not 100% yet.

Then just to the usual stuff:
- lower it a bit
- remap
- hollow out DPF so it still passes its MOT
- Triple R Front Splitter
- Team Heko Wind Deflectors
- Gloss black roof, mirrors and Badges

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Well mines lowered on eibach's. Gloss black cupra grille. Number plate in black vinyl, wing mirrors gloss
Black. Wanting a remap but that will be abit later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Well mines lowered on eibach's. Gloss black cupra grille. Number plate in black vinyl, wing mirrors gloss
Black. Wanting a remap but that will be abit later on.

Sounds nice mate :p have you got a ride thread? And I'm looking at getting the plastic valance at the top of the bonnet done gloss black aswell and the diffuser/rear plate where you mentioned, uncle has it done on his red Leon cupra and looks nice :D.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Also took the license plate bulbs out and changed them again due to a warning message even though they are canbus but from what I've read the Leon Facelifts are sensitive to the bulbs even canbus ones.

So bought some brighter ones with Samsung LED's and they look the part with no error message :)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
Sounds nice mate :p have you got a ride thread? And I'm looking at getting the plastic valance at the top of the bonnet done gloss black aswell and the diffuser/rear plate where you mentioned, uncle has it done on his red Leon cupra and looks nice :D.

No mate never made one. Done the usual led all round and inside. Yeah it's the scuttle panel mate. A few have done it gloss black.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Lol xD well I've got a couple of things in mind anyways just a case of as and when they get done :)

Looking at getting the black surround grill from the cupra as its just a straight swap and may de-badge Leon from the back but not 100% yet.

Then just to the usual stuff:

- lower it a bit

- remap

- hollow out DPF so it still passes its MOT

- Triple R Front Splitter

- Team Heko Wind Deflectors

- Gloss black roof, mirrors and Badges

I'm getting it lowered this week, then the roof wrapped matte black, front bumper lip wrapped and a triple r splitter too lol also been looking at the wind deflectors so we will pretty much have the same cars :lol: :)

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Also took the license plate bulbs out and changed them again due to a warning message even though they are canbus but from what I've read the Leon Facelifts are sensitive to the bulbs even canbus ones.

So bought some brighter ones with Samsung LED's and they look the part with no error message :)

Where did you get the number plate bulbs from?

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
You can buy kits from partsulike pal. There's worth it.

The license plate ones from partsulike gave me the bulb out errror on the dash for the license plate bulbs with it being a FL, Im using a set of Samsung ones from eBay think it's fizzymo who I got them from and the light hasn't appeared yet :)

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.