Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am not about to start racing anyone :) I am pretty sure even if my car was faster Aaron would beat me. He is a pretty good driver :)

Oh and for the record copied from TDICLUB.

Terms:
Stage I usually refers to a chip upgrade or nozzles only.
Stage II usually refers to chip AND nozzles.
Stage III usually refers to hybred or non-stock turbo, nozzles and chip. .

Change the title to suit.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Turbo Impressions #Day 3
-----

Looks like the ECU has adapted some more with some more spirited driving :)

You can rally hear the cold air feed and TIP sucking in a lot more air. My god she is quick now just cant believe how hard the car pulls to red line. 2nd gear is ferocious, she just scrambles for grip which is making me think the Falkens just arnt up for this type of weather and power. I may have to consider my options on that front come summer. Maybe a move to the new Falken 912's would be better suited for UK weather?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Are you staying with this map or are AmD working on another one ???
Well at the moment its looking like a no - depends what power output she gets on Saturday and whether Kenny is 100% happy with it. Kenny tuning the car really opened my eyes on how good he is at his job tbh...he just knows how to get the best out of them.

Currently I cant imagine it getting any better. Like I said before knowing its got another 30BHP under its belt is amazing.

strugers1

cool stuff mate, cant wait to see what she is running after the weekend

holty

Inside a nice VAG
Sep 25, 2008
In the Hills
What a great thread.
I'm working my graveyard shift tonight and have read from start to finish. Like a good thriller!
Great to hear your turbo problem got solved & then some!
Great car mate.You have a good eye for detail. Lots of hard work well rewarded. Keep up the good work. :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
What a great thread.
I'm working my graveyard shift tonight and have read from start to finish. Like a good thriller!
Great to hear your turbo problem got solved & then some!
Great car mate.You have a good eye for detail. Lots of hard work well rewarded. Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks for your kind words.

ballenapene

lol Wow, I didnt know a diesel could have so much power! I have a Ibiza atm, and was looking at a diesel as they are cheap to insure for me, 226bhp haha thats ace! Can the same be done on a ibiza like mine? just a diesel one rather than my 1.2 lol

B3LSY

i agree kenny does know what hes talking,as what he done to mine top job

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Big Turbo Impressions #Day 4 - Final Thoughts
-----

Slick popped round mind last night and had a good chin wag about the cars in general. Showed me the wingnut mod perfectly executed :drool: so now its up to me to mod spare EGR I got in the garage.

Slick and I went out in the car to show him what it could do. I am pleased to report he gave it the thumbs up and confirmed that its like a ballistic missile once on boost.

What we did agree on was the Falken 452's just are not up for the power especially in second gear. Granted the weather isnt the best however they should cope better. When these run out I have agreed to go for Toyo T1-Rs. Hopefully this should give me better grip in general. Another option is R888's? Too expensive in my view.

What about these? They got rave reviews: HANKOOK K 110 V12 EVO

Last edited:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
No really pat, the tyres, just couldnt grip! I have been in a RS4 with Toyo's and thats pulling far more power, and it grips just fine...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members