Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Very nice...love the exhaust and the boost pipes look like art work!

Have you got any sound clips?
Not yet but will make a video soon.
- nice bit of turbo flutter when changing gear.
- unique "pigeon" noise when changing at around 2k.
- Very loud roar when booting it.

Looks really nice mate, one of my favourites this :D
Cheers mate, appreciate it.

I want to see pics of the bottom pipe of how they routed it etc :)
In time Brad, car need to get on ramps at AmD soon so Kenny can inspect work. i also need some dimension of turbo, clearance for new TIP.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well once again maz is showing off:p

yes i can understand with the tail pipe its kind of um im not sure , but least its a one off ;)

looking back it is nice design and if it passes your standart then it truly must be a 110% perfect

as for selling do a swapp with me :D

top job keep it up :drool:

dannyboi

Jan 21, 2009
looking lush mate

liking the exhaust alot goes well with the shape of the bumper and the bay is mint

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Love it Maz :)

the tailpipe is great, it hugs the rear bumper so well.. Like it was meant to be. Your bay is looking much better too. I'm not surprised you were so pleased.

I'll look forward to our drive in feb.... It should go quickly for me, I go to Barbados for ten days on the third... I can't wait.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks guys really appreciate the comments.

well once again maz is showing off:p

yes i can understand with the tail pipe its kind of um im not sure , but least its a one off ;)

looking back it is nice design and if it passes your standart then it truly must be a 110% perfect

as for selling do a swapp with me :D

top job keep it up :drool:
Cheers Andrew!

Yea tip may not be everyones cup of tea but like you said its a pure one off custom tip. wont be one like that anywhere.

Love it Maz :)

the tailpipe is great, it hugs the rear bumper so well.. Like it was meant to be. Your bay is looking much better too. I'm not surprised you were so pleased.

I'll look forward to our drive in feb.... It should go quickly for me, I go to Barbados for ten days on the third... I can't wait.
Barbados...wow you should enjoy that! Yea look forward to seeing you in feb mate should be good.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
DSCF2544.jpg

That is the best shot of the exhaust... wait till this lot see what H&S gonna do to mine... [B)]

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Maz your car is looking spot on I love that exhaust looks the bees knees as for your engine bay that is pure sex . All I can say is your detailing must be going well as I'm sure it cost a fair bit .

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Very nice.

Up until your pictures I always thought the LCR exhaust was as good as it got for that bumper shape.

Now yours has taken this one set further, TOP JOB!!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
well you and slick must be selling coke or something :whistle:, always got the big jobs done , massive brakes , hybrid etc

and theres us lot still looking at the w8 light etc and counting the pounds

ye the tip does grow , and pople will be taking print outs to their local longlifes saying i want that one !! , no your not listening not them on shelf , this one :lol:

well as usual keep it up , or not it inspires me too much and makes me wanna spend more :cry:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Exhaust opinion
-----
Went out today for a litte blast to Tesco and back. The performance of the car has definately changed for the better. The turbo spools up at least 500rpm sooner now and I would say responsiveness is almost close to stage 1 old turbo style. The progressiveness of the power is so so smooth that at 3000k when the turbo is fully spooled you don't get that massive lump which causes unwanted wheelspin. Of course you still get the surge of torque which is great. The torque has increased massively across the whole range and it feels savagely quick now. So much so that the mph climbs up so quick I haven't taken her past 4k yet.

So the title is exhaust opinion. The sound of the exhaust and engine has lowered the tone. It sounds great from 1900 to 2750. The slow build up of the roar really urges you on. Motorway / dual carriage way cruising is fine and not boomy at all. My concern is that on full chat it's so so loud! I think that even on a spirited drive people will hear me from 10 miles away. I will get some videos and opinions first before I take any corrective action. I may end up puttin a small silencer on the back.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.