Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Colt Stage 2 Cam Grind

Order placed for a Stage 2 cam grind. Proven power improvements of AT LEAST 10whp.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Just out of interest how much would something like this cost? is it just a case of regriding the original cam? do you need new lifters and followers?
Ummm probably work out to £550-600 by the time it gets here. It is a regrind and they coat it fixes the design flaw in our current cam that causes problems. You will need new lifters and followers to ensure no future problems. Should see +10-15hp and about 25-40lb/ft or torque on tuned deisels.

Test conducted by a deisel owner.

Before_Cam_Dyno_March_5th_20101.jpg

After_Cam_Dyno_March_16th_20101.jpg

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Ummm probably work out to £550-600 by the time it gets here. It is a regrind and they coat it fixes the design flaw in our current cam that causes problems. You will need new lifters and followers to ensure no future problems. Should see +10-15hp and about 25-40lb/ft or torque on tuned deisels.

Test conducted by a deisel owner.

Before_Cam_Dyno_March_5th_20101.jpg

After_Cam_Dyno_March_16th_20101.jpg

Ahh rite, thats quite a good increase considering your already well up in the diesel power figures

I take it thats wheel HP?

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Ahh rite, thats quite a good increase considering your already well up in the diesel power figures

I take it thats wheel HP?
Yea its 10BHP at the wheel so at least. Well yes I am pushing the limit of the current setup. I could get more bhp by changing the injectors but I want the cam first. I will then consider injectors and methonal.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
I'd be very supprised, if it see's a genuine 15-20bhp increase, given that limiting factor on your setup now, is fueling. I'm interested to see what difference it makes though.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'd be very supprised, if it see's a genuine 15-20bhp increase, given that limiting factor on your setup now, is fueling. I'm interested to see what difference it makes though.
Well its quite well documented and results have been proven by quite a few TDIs in the states. Remember that the duration and lift will be increased and our cars respond very well to these sorts of changes...

Last edited:

R44MS K

Jul 11, 2010
the cams sound promising!
glad someone has bit the bullet

steering wheel looks spot on!!
does the car "handle better" now :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Seals + Rear Brakes On + Spare Wheel completed

The car has been at AmD this week having the rear brakes fitted and some maintenance work done on the car. I requested that all the seals on the car to be replaced to sort out the weeping problems.

- EGR seal replaced so boost leak sorted there. Also new Silicone hose that fits better has been fitted
- SFS Turbo Fixing. The seal was not the correct size. This was mainly due to it being an early version of the fixing so the groove for the seal was not deep enough. The result of this was boost leak from the turbo that just got worse over time. Seal was replaced with a better suited one which looks to have resolved this leak.
- FMIC fixing - all seals replaced so weeping at the FMIC connections has been resolved.

Net results is that the car feels quite responsive. Not sure if any performance has been gained as I haven't pushed it but definitely runs better now.

I had the rear brakes fitted albeit without the dust guards as they didn't come in time. Still bedding them in so will give full review once its 100%.

sparewheel.jpg

I had time today to cleanup the spare wheel (new wheel placed on car and the spare is the damaged wheel I am getting refurbed hence the cleaning). I de-tarred, clayed and polished with Autoglym SRP. Took be around 30 minutes but it was well worth it! SRP works really well on alloys and it proved it today by getting rid of staining that claying couldn't shift.

rearbrakes4.jpg

This is now ready to be put in the boot. Going to use bubble wrap until I carpet the wheel well.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Boost Leaks + Rear brakes opinions #1

I am pleased to say that car is running great. Certainly tell there is no boost leaks as its a tad quieter when driving normally. Also its more responsive lower down and when it comes on boost its a little bit more savage now. Just amazes me when you think something is running right then you make small changes and it changes the car completely.

DK - I will take you out in it now she's fast again, cant have you think she is slow! Also as the car is being detailed on Friday we will need to do a photoshoot on the weekend.

The brakes are bedding in, should take around 200miles to fully bed in the rears. Peddle feels smongy at the moment so got to readjust my braking to compensate at the moment. When I have had to stop the car certainly doesn't nose dive as much. Must mean the rears are doing their job a tad better than the old setup. Will test fully once bedded in and report back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.