My 08 Candy White Cupra

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers for the links mate, I nearly bought the top one but it's been near on impossible to find a surround in good order.

The second two are local to me and I'm due to go have a look and will see what price he can do for a cash sale.

One was put up the other day for £60 complete but it had the heated seats logo on the control unit.

Lol that would have played havoc with my Cupra ocd :cry:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
On a Cupra or Fr it will drop them just over 30mm but they are a 40mm spring.These two platforms are already 10mm lower as standard hence why they don't drop it 40mm I'm running stock 18" wheels

Part number for the springs buddy is 29176-1 :)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Bit of an update

Changed my plugs, and cam follower last weekend both have been in for just over 8k

Also put a new schrader valve on my hpfp as you know my old one was a bit chewed up.

Upon removal of the coils and plugs it was clear to see slight oil on cylinder 4's plug shank and the tip of the coil.This is due to a leak on the rocker cover gasket. :cry:

Checked all bolts on the cover were to torque and four of them were under torqued and all four surrounded cylinder 4!

So now they are upto standard I'm going to keep and eye on it to see if the leak persists.If it does I've already got a new gasket and will fit it if need be it's an easy enough job :)

Other than that the plugs and follower were in good order with no alarm bells ringing

like a fool I forgot to take a pic of the follower but it was in perfect condition nonetheless I changed it anyway.

Next off I've purchased some new led number plate units so will get these in next week

Haven't cleaned the engine bay in a while so it was time to do that and fit the battery box

Goodbye cloth cover you are ugly

Noticed my intake was rubbing on the heat shield a little via the jubilee clip so I've modified it to allow clearance

time to get cleaning

Before :blink:

And some after pics

Happy with how she is coming along have a few more things to do under the bonnet next week so will update once done

Thanks all ;)

Craig

Last edited:

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Good little update Craig.

I always seem to talk myself out of buying the battery box as I think nobody will see it lol. They do look so much better though.

Need to give mine a bloody good clean as it hasn't been washed for about 3 months...been a bit neglected lately the old FR. Also think I'm gonna refit the standard airbox as I'm getting a bit tired of having darth vader under the bonnet haha

Last edited:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Some nice updates on this lately . Battery box mod is a nice cheap one I've been looking at to tidy the bay up a bit

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Good little update Craig.

I always seem to talk myself out of buying the battery box as I think nobody will see it lol. They do look so much better though.

Need to give mine a bloody good clean as it hasn't been washed for about 3 months...been a bit neglected lately the old FR. Also think I'm gonna refit the standard airbox as I'm getting a bit tired of having darth vader under the bonnet haha

Thank you Dan

Been on my list of to do's for a while now it's straight forward to do just a bit fiddly if you know what I mean.

Having to clean mine twice a week at the min with the salt and mucky roads roll on better weather lol

Perhaps a silencer delete will help soften the noise mate? When I only had the Revo induction without the BCS it was mega loud but now it's spot on.

Some nice updates on this lately . Battery box mod is a nice cheap one I've been looking at to tidy the bay up a bit

Thank you Alex

Yes just tying up loose ends now before she's back at R-Tech :)

Glad I've got rid of the battery bag it was annoying me lol just cut it off as then I thought no turning back haha.

Noticed on FB you got the pcv delete kit how did you find fitting?

That breather on the block looks a bitch to get at I'll remove the DV when I fit mine to help get at the connector.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Ah fair play, be good to see the results, always tempted to swap to r tech map.

It wasn't too bad to fit, more so getting the pipes in a nice position without kinking as they are quite firm. Front pipe I took dv and dv housing off, the little bracket the holds the dv housing to inlet. Then used a 90 degree pick to hook the tabs off the pipe, fairly straight forward. Took about two hours to get it how I wanted but still need to do something with my heatshield as the rear pipe fouls it

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I'm going to vent to atmosphere with the two pipes dude have you done the same? Or catch can?

Yes was thinking just remove DV from the throttle pipe like you did. No way I'm getting at it without removing bits.

If you can could you send me a few pics on where you have routed the pipes so I can see if I'm on the right track that would be much appreciated mate.

I'll send you a FB message so you know it's me :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.