My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Fitted the LED number plate lamps the other day they look much better than any previous LED bulb upgrade.

Finally got round to fitting the R-Tech complete pcv delete kit :rolleyes:

Had a nightmare getting the front breather hose off the block due to poor access.

Thanks to Mattylad and Alexk1 for the tips/Help it's much appreciated :D

This pic is of the front breather that is beneath the inlet manifold

As this clip is used for the delete kit I had to be careful not to break it so that didn't help lol

Finally managed to get it off though and replaced with the front hose that vents to atmosphere.

Then it was time to remove the rear breather pipe that comes off the rocker cover and feeds to the turbo.

In these two pics you can see the blanking plate fitted to the turbo and the rear breather that also vents to atmosphere.

Lol you can see the rattle can lid covering the turbo so I didn't knock any foreign object into it as that would have been a nightmare.

These two pics you can compare the old setup with the new.

Those with a keen eye will also spot the R8 oil filler cap fitted that I got.

After the removal of the stock pcv you can see it needs cleaning where access was restricted before so will do that this weekend.Also will hopefully remove the oil filler neck.

Cheers

Craig :)

Last edited:

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Just looks beautiful man and keeps on getting more and more beautiful! :)

It's going to be unreal when she's stage 2+!

What's been the hardest or most awkward/difficult mod you've done yourself so far?

--Lee

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Just looks beautiful man and keeps on getting more and more beautiful! :)

It's going to be unreal when she's stage 2+!

What's been the hardest or most awkward/difficult mod you've done yourself so far?

--Lee

Cheers Lee ;)

Fitting that pcv delete was a pain in the arse as its so restrictive on space!

Once that front breather pipe was off and replaced it was a piece of cake. Thought fitting the rear pipe and blanking plate on the turbo was going to be hard but again was easy to be fair.

So far all good no smoke on idle or any vapour smells in cabin so happy days. Should help with having a cleaner system/turbo as all the crap isn't going to be sent through.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Bit of an update on the Cupra.

Finally got the oil filler neck off and think it looks much better now.

Also purchased my new injector seals ready for them to be serviced when the inlet manifold is off.

Managed to get myself a mint condition facelift climate control unit.:p

So fitted that this morning and I'm very happy with it looks much better than the pfl setup

It all works as it should with no issues at all

Next on the list is an RNS-510 then once I have that I'll spray all the fascia's in satin black and it will finish the look I've pictured in my head lol

Then for good measure gave the dirty mare another bath

As always cheers for looking and comments welcome : )

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Still looking good Craig, it amazes me just how many things you can update on a car, can't wait to see what's coming next.

Will

Cheers Will haha still got lots to do with her yet :)

Engine bay looks gleaming mate, I need to do the filler neck mod myself :) where did you get the R8 cap from? Car looks very well kept!!

Thank you Josh the R8 cap was from creation motorsports and it's a genuine one that's modded to suit these rocker covers. Lots sell them and would be a direct fit.However for it to sit properly ie parallel it has to be modded otherwise it will air vertical if you know what I mean.

Here is the link buddy ;)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/R8-OIL-CAP-...LEON-CUPRA-GTI-A3-Q7-/161361956878?nav=SEARCH

Climate is a massive improvement, I've got a standard dacelift MPs stereo here if anyone's Intrested

Thanks mate yes been wanting to do it for a long time as I hate the pfl control panel and having had mk2's for the last six years it was time to change lol

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Lovely car mate, very carefully looked after and maintained, full of tastefull mods.

I see you've good new injector seals, is it recommended to change the seals when the manifold is off or just good practice? Just I've got APR rfd and Rs4 fprv waiting for fitting and while the manifold is off I'm going to get the valves cleaned.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Lovely car mate, very carefully looked after and maintained, full of tastefull mods.

I see you've good new injector seals, is it recommended to change the seals when the manifold is off or just good practice? Just I've got APR rfd and Rs4 fprv waiting for fitting and while the manifold is off I'm going to get the valves cleaned.

Cheers Kev much appreciated buddy ;)

Mainly good practice I'd say mate although sometimes the injectors will stay in when the manifold is pulled,yet others are less lucky and they will all come out!

It's a bit of a lottery to be honest.Having my valves cleaned and rfd fitted myself so at the same time getting the injectors serviced so hence the seals as its recommended to replace them if the injectors have been taken out.

Plus I thought whilst it's in bits it's an ideal opportunity to have them done :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Ok cheers, can you just get the injector seals from tps? Do you have a part number? I'm going to get some and change them if needed when my manifold is off.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ok cheers, can you just get the injector seals from tps? Do you have a part number? I'm going to get some and change them if needed when my manifold is off.

No worries mate, yes this is the part number dude and its called Injector repair kit or something along those lines.

06d 998 907A

Got mine from local dealership for £48 they matched tps price for me.

Just double check that this is the part number for your injectors 06F 906 036F

It should be and if so the seals part number is the right one :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members