My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers chaps much appreciated :)

Recently purchased this high flow charge/throttle pipe kit and have to say I'm very impressed with it and should help loads in the long run as the stock pipe work is very restrictive in comparison.

Few pics of the stock pipe work

Didn't get many of the kit installed but to be honest it's hard to see much due to the location

Once fitted I could feel a difference she seems to pull harder and you can hear the turbo more now also.

Next bits I've bought is the R-Tech pcv delete kit and I'm very happy with it although I'm yet to fit it.

Couldn't resist and had to have a bit of a tinker lol

Happy with the way it's come out but was a bitch to do as it's so detailed plus I'm a lefty so that makes things very hard like this haha

Have ordered something very special for her and is a vital piece of the puzzle in the journey for 2+ greatness! Once it arrives I shall update with pics

As always thanks for looking/reading,any comments welcome good or bad

Craig

Last edited:
Where did you get that pipework kit from?
ive recently got all the pipework coming off my universal toyosports intercooler hardpiped up as i didnt like the over use of all the silicone piping so id like to sort the restrictive standard stuff that is left in place on the car.
you wont regret going for the rtech pcv complete delete kit unless it was placebo im sure i could feel a small difference and im normally one for saying things havent made much difference.
Also got mine stage two plus mapped recently and i was deliberately not expecting much from it from stage one but i have to say for a while the extra power was a little frightening especially in the wet but it all feels good now.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Coming on nicely Craig. I haven't touched mine in ages, new house has scrapped any plans for now lol

Thanks mate haha yes they don't come cheap and is a stressful process hope all is well :)

Nice artwork there Craig, the red and white makes it standout well.

Cheers buddy I'm happy with it I was worried I'd make a complete mess of it but turned out well.
Where did you get that pipework kit from?
ive recently got all the pipework coming off my universal toyosports intercooler hardpiped up as i didnt like the over use of all the silicone piping so id like to sort the restrictive standard stuff that is left in place on the car.
you wont regret going for the rtech pcv complete delete kit unless it was placebo im sure i could feel a small difference and im normally one for saying things havent made much difference.
Also got mine stage two plus mapped recently and i was deliberately not expecting much from it from stage one but i have to say for a while the extra power was a little frightening especially in the wet but it all feels good now.

This is It on eBay mate they will accept offers of £100 and for the money it's brilliant I can't fault it other than the two hose clips supplied aren't the best(no big issue I just bought two decent dubilee clips).For a similar kit with a well known brand it's around £300 and I simply couldn't justify it especially as it does just as good a job ;)

Haha I like being frightened now and then keeps the ticker on its toes :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261675948859?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

@KebabWarrior81
You did a nice tool
congratulations
How the front bumper spoiler
http://www.tuningcarbonhoods.co.uk/en/front-spoiler-seat-leon-2005-abs.html

2008 Leon FR 2.0 TDI PD170 DPF

Cheers mate yes been thinking of a splitter have a few different ones in mind but want to sort all the engine mods first before I spend anymore money on its looks.

Where did you buy your rear spoiler from that looks good?

Last edited:

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
Is there much difference for the discharge pipe? Ive done the throttle pipe and could easily see a big difference from the pancake shaped stock. But from the pictures on the internet I could never really tell if there was a substantial gain.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looks like pretty decent material, judged from the photos. And a couple of nice stainless still jubilee clips won't break the bank.
Thanks for the eBay link!

Very good bit of kit mate for the money it's a no brainier :)

Offered £100 thanks for the link mate and the heads up on the price ;)
you just need the hpfp now and your game set for stage two pus arent you.

Happy days mate they will accept that plus you won't have to pay any import duty :funk:

Yes mate hpfp will be my next purchase but I'm going 2+ and that's one of the reasons I purchased that kit.

Is there much difference for the discharge pipe? Ive done the throttle pipe and could easily see a big difference from the pancake shaped stock. But from the pictures on the internet I could never really tell if there was a substantial gain.

Flows better mate if you look at the stock pipe it bottle necks prior to the turbo and the mounting flange that goes into the turbo is a massive improvement compared to stock.

When it's time to map again she should help loads.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Here is my latest mod towards my 2+ goal lol [B)]

Very pleased with it should look spot on behind the front bumper and will perform very well.

Have also booked back into R-tech to have the 2+ custom map done and I can't wait it should be worth all my effort :p

It goes in on Wednesday 6th April this gives me plenty of time to save.Its going into Dynodaze that is next door to R-Tech on Monday the 4th of April and he will need the car for 2 1/2 days.

He will be removing the inlet manifold to do a valve clean and fit the runner flap delete kit,fit the rs4 valve fit the wellycooler with custom solid ally pipes and remove the AC unit and condenser.

So once he's done it's straight next door for Niki to do me the map :happy:

So all in all I'm very excited as it's been a great build so far and can't wait for this next step.

Cheers as always

Craig

Last edited:

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Here is my latest mod towards my 2+ goal lol [B)]

20B1F7DE-F183-4711-8084-F33AA1300C1A_zpsvcsohncf.jpg

Very pleased with it should look spot on behind the front bumper and will perform very well.

Have also booked back into R-tech to have the 2+ custom map done and I can't wait it should be worth all my effort :p

It goes in on Wednesday 6th April this gives me plenty of time to save.Its going into Dynodaze that is next door to R-Tech on Monday the 4th of April and he will need the car for 2 1/2 days.

He will be removing the inlet manifold to do a valve clean and fit the runner flap delete kit,fit the rs4 valve fit the wellycooler with custom solid ally pipes and remove the AC unit and condenser.

So once he's done it's straight next door for Niki to do me the map :happy:

So all in all I'm very excited as it's been a great build so far and can't wait for this next step.

Cheers as always

Craig

Sounds great Craig, I am almost as excited as you just reading about it, await the perf figs.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
So the next piece of the puzzle arrived today from TSR Performance in the form of a Loba hpfp.

:santa:

EB08FC59-DADB-4621-A97D-ECF7B02FE99F_zpsr88oyzwy.jpg

Great service and price as I ordered yesterday morning and 24hrs later it was here.

Cost of the pump was £475 delivered and for those of you who know how much these normally are will appreciate how much of a stonking deal that is! As you can see it also comes with a new cam follower these alone can cost £45 from the dealerships. Lol unless you buy from Mr Dave Hawthorne at sere motors who has to be the best supplier of stock parts.

Obviously I'm very happy with it and can rest easy knowing I've got a full unit built by professionals rather than internals fitted by me :rolleyes:

As always thank you for looking cheers

Craig

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
First off happy new year to you all I hope you have a good one :funk:

Little update to my thread :)

I've recently purchased a Celtemp hpfp protector that ensures the fuel regulator on the top of the pump doesn't get damaged.If it was to crack or break it would be a costly mistake as they are calibrated to the pump so that would be a nightmare.

Pic of the plate with extended bolts to accommodate the extra thickness:

This is how it will look once fitted to the pump:

Also purchased a new schrader valve for the hpfp as they don't come with one and the one on the stock pump is a little worse for wear due to it being over tightened by the dealership when I first got the car :blink:

New plugs to go in next week as the current NGK7's have been in for six months.They will be fine but I like to keep the car well maintained(although my wallet would disagree lol)

Few more pics of the Fmic to show you the design.For those that don't know the best type is bar and plate and not a tube and fin as it will perform very well and over 500bhp so plenty for my needs

The core size of this cooler is 600x300x76mm so it's very big.

Thanks for looking and as always any comments welcomed good or bad :D

Cheers

Craig

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looking great pal, should be awesome once you have all the work done too :)

Nice bike as well tho, even though I don't ride myself I always love seeing them.

Thank you Josh much appreciated buddy ;)

Also love my bike I've had her from new and could never part with it she's a wee beastie lol

Haha yeah it will be a nerve racking day when she's being mapped as I'm keen to see how she responds! Fingers crossed all should be good.

Regards the solid pip work question you asked in the other thread it will have the silicone reducers straight off the cooler for the pipe to connect to then that will be welded to the high flow charge pipe.

Then from the charge pipe to the turbo is another length of silicone hose that you can see in the pic I put on showing the charge pipe kit. So with them all working hand in hand it will be plenty of movement to allow for engine movement under load.

Size of the reducers internal dimension is 3" off the cooler that goes into 2 1/2" and that's what diameter all the pipes will be buddy.

Last edited: