folding Mirrors

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Another funny question :D

When i bought my leon, i was trying to adjust my mirrors and accidentaly turned it 2much, (thought i broke it)

The mirrors then folden in. i was suprised, but curious. My Pulsar (heavy machine) had the same option aswell but oviously it a import. The leons a Uk model.

So basically do all leons have folding mirrors or some models? :confused:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Dont think they all have it, I know the Cupra-R and Cupra/FRs have it.
Possibly the older models didnt...

Oh and...they should be heated also.
They heat up when the rear window heater is ON.

Richie180

I have the folding mirrors aswel, handy. i have a standard cupra 51 reg no leather seats.

Oddly my 04 LC has heated and foldy mirrors. When I bought it new the dealer was surprised that when it came from the factory it had folding ones fitted as he had been led to believe that that vintage of LC was not supplied with foldy ones....odd!

It did have the optional leather so unless it comes with that, but there is no mention of that in any paperwork.....

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Mine are folding AND heated. Mine is the FR+ but others should have both too...
There is no switch like there was on my Ibiza FR but just heat up when the rear heater is on.

Chris UK...Try it out, leave the rear window heater on for a few mins and your mirrors should feel quite hot.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
03 plate also foldy and heaty

Ok... so hands up everyone thats driven off with their mirrors still folded?:doh:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
That happen 2me once in my pulsar, police been followedme, They must be figuring what happen to his mirrors, pulled me over and warned me it dangerous to drive with out them engaded.
Oh well

cupralite

Nov 26, 2004
Warrington
Ok now i'm wondering where the switch is to fold these in .... is there a switch and if there isn't ... how do you activate it ?

Probably having the biggest blonde moment ever here but hey ho!

It's the control for adjusting the mirrors on the door, above the central locking buttons. Turn the knob until the mark is pointing downwards and bingo!

My X-Reg Leon Sport has foldy mirrors - but I wasn't sure if they were heated. I did suspect that they were but wasn't sure how I would switch the heating on!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.