2016 Seat Leon FR 1.4 ECOTSI 150bhp- Folding Mirror & Heated Mirror Issues + Media Touch Screen Issue

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all, I'm a newbie here, having just bought my 2016 Seat Leon FR on Friday.

Frustratingly, I seem to be having one or two issues that I cannot resolve through the owners' manual.

1) I had queried the dealer as to whether or not it had electric folding mirrors- when I went to view the car, he showed me how to manually fold/unfold the mirrors using the drivers door joystick which was fine, as it seemed they did not fold automatically.

Then today, I found an option to "Fold in Mirrors when Parked" on the Media system The check box was already ticked, so surely they should be folding automatically when parked after all, unless the tick box is unticked, so it appears there may be a fault- has anyone else come across this & found a solution ?

NB. My Media system has not been upgraded to Full Link, so might this possibly be the reason for the ticked "Fold in Mirrors when Parked" option not working ?

2) Being a 2016 car, I would have expected it to have heated mirrors but I've just discovered mine may not have them, as they did not demist this morning when I switched on the front & rear windows demisting buttons. I've had a look at the general spec of the car on Parkers website & it looks like Heated Mirrors were an optional extra on this car- quite weird for an FR I thought, particularly as it is a 2016 Mk3.

After a bit of YouTube googling, it looks like there would be a heating option symbol on the driver door mirrors joystick, if it has heated mirrors but mine does not appear to have that- only a symbol option for manually folding them- can anyone enlighten me on this ?

3) When fiddling about with the Media System display for Car Settings earlier today, the touchscreen appeared to stop working & no matter what other option I pressed, nothing was happening- I tried to switch the unit off/on a couple of times before it seemed to rectify itself- again, has anyone come across this issue ?

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all, just to let you all know, that I have resolved my 2 x Mirror issues, after all :)

Obviously, a school day with my new car & also being a bit of a twat, in not seeing the Heat option, which is hidden on the right-hand hidden of the joystick & not realising the mirrors will fold when locking the car, if I press down a bit longer on the lock button, when locking the car !!!!!

Still not sure about the Media Touchscreen issue though ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members