::: SEAT LEON by MDS ::: ( THE END...)

Nexus

No they are actually ridiculously heavy.

12kg each rim. (8.5 x 18) :(
Thanks mate,

Well, they're not extremely heavy but indeed, an OZ Ultraleggera, for example, in that size is 18x8.0 is 8.4 kg. :(

Was contemplating on a set Sportecs to improve the handling etc. of my Leon since I have quite heavy replica's... difficult...

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Thanks mate,

Well, they're not extremely heavy but indeed, an OZ Ultraleggera, for example, in that size is 18x8.0 is 8.4 kg. :(

Was contemplating on a set Sportecs to improve the handling etc. of my Leon since I have quite heavy replica's... difficult...

Yeah, then they are only available in 8.5 which means a little extra.

There are a few Jap wheels that just top off 6kg...

Try Rota Tarmacs, similiar look to Sportecs and quite light I beleive.

Nexus

Thanks for the tip. They are a bit too JDM for me though :) (copy of prodrive p1 impreza wheels).

I like my current wheels a LOT, but you can feel they're heavy and big unfortunately :(

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Thanks for the tip. They are a bit too JDM for me though :) (copy of prodrive p1 impreza wheels).

I like my current wheels a LOT, but you can feel they're heavy and big unfortunately :(

There are a few other similiar models but not really the same.

Yours look very nice too.

Problem with most light weight wheels are their nasty Japo looks :rolleyes:

Maybe the best looking option are the O.Z. Racing.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Intercooler going on now...

FMIC

mds001ka5.jpg

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

new2xz3.jpg

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
The crash bar will go over the FMIC now.

If you look at the pics in the previous post of the car witout the front you can figure out what part is missing from these pics.

Now it gets the bar over and bumper fitted.

;)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
I got the FMIC and the Hoses. (online)

If you need the Link PM me.

The bloke thats fitting it, supplied and cut the 2 remaining pipes.

Just 2 extensions from the 90º hoses basically.

On one side it fits into the squashed pipe from the Turbo

On the other it fits in to the pipe going in to the Turbo

;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
where we going with this Pat? ;)

Marco gave me the low down recently. Really interested to see if your temps drop Marco.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I'm not suggesting that the stock FMIC can't cope .... i'm just wondering if a 'better' FMIC will lower temperatures further and want to see what effect, if any it has on performance.
I didnt mean it like that mister..i meant it in a new purchasing on the horizon way. :)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Firstly the upgraded FMIC has almost double the volume (in capacity)

Secondly it stays directly in front (or behind) the bumper, the OEM one sits behind the radiator and air conditioning system, thus receiving less air.

I will let you fellas know about performance, havent driven the car for a while but I am sure it must make a diference, after all cooler air = more oxygen.

I know it will eat up more of the smoke, which is good.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.