LED Sidelights (high temp ones ?)

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
When i fitted my HIDS about 6months ago, i also fitted some LED cluster Slightlight (5LEDS)

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u5015hpw501194t10-mini-light-tower-leds-p-1407.html

One of these has now started flickering and i think on a couple of the LED's is working. I seems to remeber reading somewhere when i bought them that they didn't like heat...... been using my full beam quite a bit now it's getting darker......

Can anyone recomend a more hardy replacement for these that aren't going to giveup after 6months, or am i just best off repacing with the same ones again.

Cheers

Wackojacko

Aug 21, 2006
Maidenhead, Berks
Cheers for your replys............ just been into place in town that had the 4LCD cluster that richybigman linked to......

Fitted them and they are alright i suppose....... because they only have the LEDS in a front faceing cluster they seem to not dispurse light as much around the headlight as my old lights did :-(

Also although these say they are White they seem to have a blue(ish) tint similar to a 6000K HID. I'm pretty sure they're legal, just wondered what the law stated. Seen so many new cars AUDI's which LED's all over them, i can't imagine the police can do much about funny headlight colours these days, unless there really silly !

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Image0ee4-1.jpg

Look soo much better than standerd onces. Mine dont look white either.. Even tho there sposed to be.. i ent been pulled :)

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2005
stafford
eBay item:2pcs 501 W5W High Power LED (White) Dash Wedge Bulbs (#200155584761) These are much cheaper very bright and don`t flicker like all the other led ones that have died on me, I have tried many others:headhurt:

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
My car failed its first MOT yesterday cos they reckoned my white LED sidelights were blue! They changed them for regular (read nasty yellow) bulbs, and it passed, but left the LEDs inside the car. So guess what'll I'll be doing when it eventually stops raining... :whistle:

Cupraloon

I've now fitted the LED side light's and the first thing is they are slighty too wide and don't fit without a slight bit of filing down at the edge.... :rolleyes:

Any hoo once that was done they fitted perfectly, heres the pic of the standard 5w capless side lights

Sidelights_normal_03-10-07_smll.jpg

Here they are with the left side LED in place and the normal on the right (drivers side) still

Sidelights_half-done_03-10-07_smll.jpg

And lastly with both the LED's in place clearly much, much brighter, I'm a happy bunny, not to bad for around £15.00 delivered

Sidelights_finished_03-10-07_smll.jpg

Purchased from here --> http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16702&cat=612&page=1

All i need now is some HID's and i'm ready for those dark winter nights hooning about the countryside... :funk:

Last edited by a moderator:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
My misses has PIAA ones in her lupo and they are THE best LED sidelights I've used or seen,
Well worth the 21quid at the time, (2years ago!) and they're still going strong!
look the berrys too!
You get them with 2 white LED's or 2 Blue LED's or a mix of one and the other, all whites are perfect!

Cupraloon

My misses has PIAA ones in her lupo and they are THE best LED sidelights I've used or seen,
Well worth the 21quid at the time, (2years ago!) and they're still going strong!
look the berrys too!
You get them with 2 white LED's or 2 Blue LED's or a mix of one and the other, all whites are perfect!

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the piaa led's when you get the chance matey, for a briteness comparison against mine :D

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Guys, please forgive my ignorance here but are these LED lights a direct replacement for the side light bulbs on my LCR?

They seem damn cheap for what appears to be MUCH better performance, is the difference from standards particularly noticeable when driving?

......actually......am I confusing side lights with dipped main beam lights???? :confused: I think Im losing my mind.....

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Remeber there sidelights mate, you prob won't even know if there on, there more for people to see you than you to see them!
But yeh direct replacement, pull the old ones out put the LED ones in! Mind ask Jeremy Beadle round to help with the passenger side one!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.