MOT Problem

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Hi everyone,

I did a search but could not find anything.

My LCR just had it's first MOT today but it failed on emissions.

CO limit is 0.500% my read out was 1.105% at idle.

I have a blueflame turbo back system 100 cell CAT and CustomCode Phase 1.

I was stuck in traffic all the way to the garage for 30 mins so that did not help.

But has any one had a problem before on emissions?

They are letting go back tomorrow morning for a re-emissions re-test but will a long run on the roads help?

Any advise would be great.

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Take it for a good blast and blow away the cobwebs. Make sure its very warm and get them to check it as soon as you get there.

What where the readouts?

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
yep i only had my mot a month an a half a go, passed flying colours and i have a 100 cell cat.
made sure i gave it some beans before, luckily it went straight in so not a problem,
free flow cats have got to be hot or they dont cut down the emissions.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Yeah you guys are right thanks.

I had the re-test emission this morning at 9am went out at 8am for a good blast for a hour and went straight to the garage who did it straight away.

It passed very easy well below the legal limit :)

I was abit worried last night as I sold my standard CAT.

Any way thanks for the reply's people.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
I made the appointment for 2pm so I was in traffic all the way there yesterday.

Next time I will make it first thing on the weekend so can have the roads to my self for a good blast.

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
rob don has said in another post that his car ( also a 100 cell cat ) failed running shell v power but passed since he swapped to tesco 99 octane. he reckons it has to do with it having 5% bioethanol to help reduce emissions. he knows what he's talking about, hope this helps guys. ps his post is in this section. when i posted this it was at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.