Coilovers fitted

Started today.....rears, simple, fronts, not so simple! Infact, a ****ing nightmare.......came off easy enough, but didn't have the right spanner to lose the strut mount off, went down to work, twice to get the right tools.....get drivers side front fitted.

Now, passenger side, taking the top strut bolts out, and oh my, one snaps the check nut on the other side. So got a hacksaw to cut it off, chiseled etc, finally got it off.

And also my brake disc on that side isn't even attached to anything apart from when you bolt the wheel on :lol:. The ****ing bolt has corroded away so now that need drilling out and a new one putting in. :mad:

Dont you just love cars!

Some pics...

Old strut
DSC00222.jpg

New coilover
DSC00224.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

Fronts and finished :)

Front on...nightmare left side

DSC00226.jpg

Before....

DSC00221.jpg

After...

DSC00228.jpg

With splitter on this is going to be tight!

DSC00232.jpg

Cupra_Girl

Looks good [B)] I'm shopping for springs and shocks for my cupra at the moment, if it ends up that low the speed bumps round here will seriously slow me down though :cry:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Looks good mate :D, what was the spanner you didnt have is it an usual size or anything? reason i ask is that im hoping to be fitting mine next week at my work (not a garage) so need to take all i need with me. Better still what tools did you use? excluding tools you used for things going wrong. My cars only got 40k on it so im hoping things havent seized up tobad!

Looks good mate :D, what was the spanner you didnt have is it an usual size or anything? reason i ask is that im hoping to be fitting mine next week at my work (not a garage) so need to take all i need with me. Better still what tools did you use? excluding tools you used for things going wrong. My cars only got 40k on it so im hoping things havent seized up tobad!

I was going to do a guide actually.

Rears are 17mm at bottom and actually different sizes on the tops, which I cant remember.

Fronts are 19mm bolts at bottom with the top bolts 13mm. Need a 7/8th" spanner (an offset one, dont know the proper name) for the tops and an allen key (not sure on size).

Only problem I encountered was the passenger side top strut nut came undone so needed cutting off with a hacksaw, was a nightmare.

Mines just ticked over to 70 and there was nothing at all seized badly......just a quick spray with WD-40 and came off no problem at all.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
If you did do a small guide that would be spot on. Im sure me and my mate would sus it out anyway! So basicly some basic tools and a decent set of spanners should do the job. Ive orderd some fk silverlines but last week they were sat on a pallet in germany lol. Cant wait to get them fitted though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members