Cruise Control

tim032

Does any one know if i replace the indacator switch with one of a cruise control one if it would work or will i need to wire it in or get a wiring loom for it

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
as far as i know you need a loom aswell. have a look on vagparts.com. they sell the conversions.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I've been thinking about this too. From the vag parts site could anyone confirm if 1J0998527 is it and if it is all thats needed? And if anywhere in the south east is recommended to fit it?

Last edited:

Stubbo

Nov 8, 2007
Stoke on Trent
I have had Cruise fitted on my car i needed
Indicator Switch
Wiring Loom from switch to ECU
ECU Programed for the cruise by vagcom

I had this all fitted for 150 and they came to my house to do it.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Seen the guys that do it for that price, seems like a decent price!
Thinkin of it myself! I've got VAGCOM and everythin just hate running wires to ECU's.

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
Had mine done at Awesome Gti in manchester, £200 all in I think, but check the threads on here as I think there are a few things to be wary of when fitting it if you're going to do it yourself.

drvince

May 10, 2004
The Netherlands
cc-compare.jpg

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Gonna do it myself, not paying someone over 100quid just to fit it.
does anyone know if these are all the parts i need and if this is the new style one.
whats vag parts llike for delivery?
https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...=26slash=3BBora+Cruise+kit+=281J0998527=2A=29

don't suppose you know if there is a guide about on how to do this?!

I did look into it a while ago but couldn't find anything! and like yourself would only do it myself, but without a guide i feel too put off to bother unfortunately!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
My advice would be let the pros do it if you are in any doubt about doing it yourself. Mine is currently in at AMD having cruise fitted; a custom piece of loom is needed to link from the ECU plug (not an area i'd want to tamper with:)) to the cruise control stalk plug just the other side of the grommet under the scuttle panel. Other than this, if you are happy removed the steering wheel and airbag then i'd imagine the job is quite straight forward.

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
the diesels come pre or partially wired for cruise control. for lc's and lcr's your going to need a loom making/buying. (vw prob wont supply this)
you can do this for your self if you have access to vag com software (reg'd or not)
here's aguide for the golf 4 but its the basicly the same bar a few trims are different/easier.

http://www.carbasics.co.uk/vw_golf_mk4_cruise_control.htm

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.