central locking, alarm, fitting

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
thats where i thought, thanks, i thought i should fit an alarm quick after the local imbreds broke into my car at the weekend, it has alarm, immobiliser, shock and microwave sensors, and other stuff, all was interested in was the alarm lol so in a bonus

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
does anybody have any idea how to wire up alarm/immobilisers into a seat ibiza 1.4 salsa ??1995 reg?? i cant figure it out, my heads spinning, where can i wire the remote central locking into??? can anybody please help, all i know is its a cyclone

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if i remember right the pump is 3 wired 1 standard wire and 2 signal (1 close/1 open)

ill check wiring later as i can't remember if it was earth or positive triggers

immobiliser wire up to coil and/or starter motor signal

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
that would be a great help, i have 6 wires on my alarm for C/L white,yellow and orange, each colour having a solid and a black striped wire. I manage to sort of wire to the pump but it sends it into a continuous loop of lock, unlock etc. Any help would be great. Also where can i wire into the indicator flashers?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just gonna say the same thing - scan up the wiring diagram, i'm sure we could all figure it out for ya

indicators wires are usually a single positive so if you fitted the siren under the bonnet and the control unit inside the car then i'd suggest tapping into the indicators via the repeater wires just inside the pillars or better still the steering column as they are other wires there for starter etc you may be able to use

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
one is ground, and the other two are live feeds depending on locking or unlocking.

just got round to checking - yes it is earthed and 2 +ve signals on radio signal remotes (infa red is a bit different mind)

pin 1 - red/green (+ve switch)

pin 2 - brown (earth)

pin 3 - red/blue (+ve switch)

ill get a multimeter out to check which one opens or closes

doors have switches in with same 1pin/3pin colours to save ya running all the way to the back mind

Last edited:

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
ok people i would just like to say thank you for all the advice you are providing and how appreciated i am, anyways back to the point as you requested i managed to get pictures of the wiring diagrams and the system.
central locking
09022009808.jpg

09022009809.jpg

main brain wiring
09022009811.jpg

imm wiring
09022009813.jpg

09022009814.jpg

09022009815.jpg

09022009816.jpg

once again thank you

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
ok looking at the first diagram you will need to connect pins 2 and 5 to pins 1 and 3 on the pump, not sure which way round but if you get it the wrong way car will open when you lock and vias

nice and easy one that :)

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
lol yeh kinda figured that one but what about 1,3,4,6? i connected them somehow and when i locked the car it locked and then straight away unlocked ???? :S

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
try connecting 3 and 6 to a 12v source.

then press the lock button and measure the voltage at both pin 5 and pin 2.

If when you press lock, one of either 5 or 2 turns live, and when you press unlock the other one turns live, then you know youve got it wired properly for the pump.

just got round to checking - yes it is earthed and 2 +ve signals on radio signal remotes (infa red is a bit different mind)

pin 1 - red/green (+ve switch)

pin 2 - brown (earth)

pin 3 - red/blue (+ve switch)

as long as what flapper said is right, then its just a case of finding the lock and unlock wires on the pump and tapping into them... youll need to tap into the positive switched on the pump not the earth btw...

EDIT: Also check the instruction manual to see if it allows you to alter between how long the positive pulse given from the alarm is tot he pump. You want it on the longest setting. it should say something along the lines of pulse for 1 second or pulse for 3 or 5 seconds

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.