Custom Dials Thread

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
Some of you may remember this thread

I finally got some time off work and my brothers camera to get some night time pictures...

They are 95% complete, still need to resolder a few of the SMDs in the dials and the heater controls

UPDATE 100% complete dials on page 2

I also decided to spray the metal surround, the dial mouting unit and also the dial needles. The needles were a trial and I don't like them so will be putting my other standard set back on.

Tomorrow I am going to dismantle the dash and controls to get the pictures nessesary for the tutorials Im going to do for everyone.

Any questions or ideas fire away.

Enjoy :p

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
that looks the dogs dangly bits. Only one thing it may just be the pictures but the needles on the dials look hard to see..

kyle'87

Modding Disease
Sep 15, 2008
Ruislip
that looks the dogs dangly bits. Only one thing it may just be the pictures but the needles on the dials look hard to see..

Yeh thats the only down fall, I painted the needles to try and create a shadow effect as if the needles where invisible but a shadow would show the revs, speed etc

They look good in the day but not so good in the night, I like the temp and fuel needles as they are white and show up more but going to replace the speedo and tacho needles with the standard ones tomorrow.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
couldnt you put a small SMD on the back of the speedo needle so it lights up as the needle moves around ?? i guess one of the issues you would have is trying to run power to it.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
fook me i do like that......you fancy doing mine? lol
is the blue thats on the centre dash the same blue as on the speedo?????

Mat

my mate changed his clocks by scanning his current ones, playing in photoshop, and printing onto celophane

then a case of changing back lights........... got me thinking of doin all mine now lol

Actually like th ebit of red light TBH. Plus don't wanna change boost guage etc

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
i was thinking of using the uni's laser cutter and making some new clocks out of some coloured pespex, was just wondering how thick the original clocks are??