Finally fitted my headunit!!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Finally got round to fitting it all in my car.. After a few mishaps with buying a canbus adapter that didn't work and scratching my top heater fascia and having to order a new one!

The OEM bluetooth works perfectly, cuts out when my phone rings thanks to the little Alpine interrupt box. Sounds great and I love the way the sat nav unit slots in behind the screen and can be taken out and used in other cars.

Chopped off the bluetooth audio output wires and soldered an RCA connector on..
headunit4.jpg

headunit3.jpg

Alpine interrupt box..
headunit2.jpg

All finished and fitted!
headunit1.jpg

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Alpine IVA-W505R headunit - £699
Alpine BMP200 Blackbird sat nav unit - £299
Alpine NVE-K200 interrupt box - £60
Connects2 CANBUS CTSST001 adapter & steering patch - £50
Seat satnav fascia and clips - around £10
RCA connecter - £0.50
Fakra antenna amplifier - £10
Plus a few hours of swearing and soldering..

Expensive but worth every penny! :D

Plus I had to buy the top heater fascia part at £27 because I damaged mine.. :(

Last edited:

jame1410

Looks really good, pricey to say the least but i suppose if your going to get it done, may as well do it proper :D

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Yeh, I didn't intend on spending that much when I started out but kinda fell for that headunit.. Just need to change the front speakers now and I'm happy! Thats a job for next month though when I've got more cash..

jame1410

Yeah i can see why you did fall for it... what speakers you going to put in? Where have i heard that before 'i just need to do this and im happy'... until you find something else you want to do :p

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Hello! Couple of questions if I may...

Did you have to use the RCA connector because of the bluetooth thingy? I only ask because this is one of the units on my possible list but I don't want to be buggering around changing connectors etc.

Also, do you have any more pics? Not necessarily close ups of the unit but of it in situe.

And what do you mean by "I love the way the sat nav unit slots in behind the screen and can be taken out and used in other cars"? Does it sit behind and pop out or something?

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
The RCA connector is needed to crimp onto the end of the OEM bluetooth box to take an audio feed.. Would have to do that on any new head unit if you wanted the original bluetooth to work.

The sat nav unit for it is a separate hand held device. Means you can take it out, use it in other cars etc. The screen on the head unit slides down and there is a sort of built in docking station behind that the head unit pushes into.. Transfers all the features of the head unit to the larger screen! I'll explain with more pics tomorrow! :)

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
sounds good was it easy enough to replace the factory head unit?:blink:

did you need any special keys was looking at a double din head unit with built in sat nav. wasnt sure which route to go down was hoping to find one with a removable face so that i could take it out when i park up the car at night as i dont live in the best area and think it could be tempting to people with lite fingers???[:@]

Dave_88

Dave The Rave
Jul 2, 2008
Marske-by-the-sea/Antrim
So can you use a bluetooth and sat-nav enabled double-din OEM headunit in place of the factory fitted one? Ive got an OEM one sitting at home but dont wana loose the blutooth and sat-nav functions. Also do the steering wheel functions work if you change from factory unit? Cheers Dave :D

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
sounds good was it easy enough to replace the factory head unit?:blink:

did you need any special keys was looking at a double din head unit with built in sat nav. wasnt sure which route to go down was hoping to find one with a removable face so that i could take it out when i park up the car at night as i dont live in the best area and think it could be tempting to people with lite fingers???[:@]

Unfortunately I don't live in the best area either and the front doesn't come off.. :( Think only a couple of the JVC ones have removable screens. It was fairly easy to do, as long as you're a bit handy with things like that.. The amount of wires that needed hooking up was mind blowing! If you get a couple flat pieces of plastic and jam them in the top of the OEM headunit it should release the clips and it will slide out! :)

cables.jpg

So can you use a bluetooth and sat-nav enabled double-din OEM headunit in place of the factory fitted one? Ive got an OEM one sitting at home but dont wana loose the blutooth and sat-nav functions. Also do the steering wheel functions work if you change from factory unit? Cheers Dave :D

The steering wheel controls work fine with the right canbus adapter.. Not sure what you mean about the OEM head unit? I'm using the OEM bluetooth box that came with my car but have hooked it up to an aftermarket head unit. :)

Last edited:

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
thanks for that will remeber that when the time comes....

getting a full milltek exhaust system fitted next week so that should be fun. got it remapped last week by angel tuning. thought it was fast before......:)

dont think i will be going down the jvc route was looking at kenwood and alpine. i did all my last cars ice equipment and there were subs amps 6 x 9s power caps etc neons and the list goes on....lol but this is my pride and joy loveing the car just dont want to f**k anything up on it.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
You should have no problem doing it if you've done stuff like that before then! :)

A Miltek exhaust is my next plan.. Cat back only though, damn DPF!

Sorry my bad i meant I have an aftermarket one sittind at home :D where do you get all the parts from?

Ah cool.. :) I just shopped around on the internet till I found the cheapest place. A few of the smaller parts I got from local audio/car shops and the fascias I ordered from my local Seat dealer.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
i am knew to this as you can see but how do you upload a picture of your car to have as a profile pic or do you have to wait until your a full member??:think: if so how long does that take!

What do you mean by damn dpf?? :blink:

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
i see cheers dave likeing your motor unique styling! where did you get your grill??

and did you spray your lights with tintor is that eyelids??