leon double din dash (home made)

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
hey guys just a few pics of my home made double din install. i bought a double din facia and made up the center consol out of a scrap cars console! saved a few quid on the price of the console from seat but there was a bit of work involved!!
DSC00054.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC_0033-2.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

you can see here that i have fitted the lighter socket. the facia dose not come with this hole but i bored it out myself.
DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg

Last edited:

jet-black

Looks good! Any build photos? What dash did you make it from, just a single din which you have chopped about?

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i never thought to take any pics when i was building it! but i will have it apart again to fit gps antenna and mic when i get them! ill take a few snaps then! its not pretty do lol!! ya i made it out of a single din dash which i cut up!!

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
all in all i guess it took me about a day ans a half but if i was doing it again probaly half that!! so far the headunit is grand but i dont have the sat nav antenna to try the gps but it looks good. i dont have the mic to work the phone kit part i will be fitting these as soon as they arrive and i will let you know! this one dont play dvds as its only the f700bt

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
Looks good, any tips on the build?

well the way i went about it was
1. got the console out of a scrap car
2. get the facia off seat
3. put them up to each other and see what peices need to be cut out

i have to take it out again to fit satnav antenna so i will take a few more pics of the build! it aint pretty!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise