LCR DV Question

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Im sure there are tonnes of threads already..

I have a remapped LCR 225 - Std DV is not holding boost very well and I intended to get a 007p,
Is there any dump to atmos DV's that dont irritate boost pressure, and ACTUALLY let the car perform as well as the recirc 007p??

SSQ by HKS??

Or should I just get the 007p??

Thanks - Chrissy

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
ive heard of someone on here that has a bailey dump valve, i dont know if it affect the performance though. ill try to find the user when ive got time.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
people using bailey DVs are normally using the DV30, a recirculating type valve the same as the 007p. I have a 007p and a gfb50:50 hybrid valve; the 007p is on the car at the moment but I used the gfb for a good few thousand miles with no limp mode incidents once it was set correctly. I only took the gfb off the car for a trackday and haven't got round to putting it back on again.

http://www.gfb.com.au/hybrid

As you can see these don't come cheap tho! Mine could be for sale if your interested (PM me:))?

brad1

A bailey DV came on my cupra R when I bought it today, sounds ****, gonna put 007p on, anyone got a pic of the way it goes on as the part of the tip that the DV connects to has been blocked off, which way does the standard or 007p DV fit?? I've just come from a TDI so please bare with the silly questions lol

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
the 25mm rubber hose from the charge pipe goes into the side of the 007p, the bottom of the 007p goes to the tip, and the small nipple on the top of the 007p connects to the 5mm vac line :)

brad1

the 25mm rubber hose from the charge pipe goes into the side of the 007p, the bottom of the 007p goes to the tip, and the small nipple on the top of the 007p connects to the 5mm vac line :)

Cheers danny :)

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Is there any dump to atmos DV's that dont irritate boost pressure, and ACTUALLY let the car perform as well as the recirc 007p??

Turbosmart kompact dual port. It seems to be hit or miss with these cars...either it'll work fine or will instantly throw up a fault code.

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
anybody ever compared both by looking at the boost gauge to see if you get the same boost ; 007 then dump to atmos

Any loss in boost ?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
anybody ever compared both by looking at the boost gauge to see if you get the same boost ; 007 then dump to atmos

Any loss in boost ?

I get the same boost with both gfb50:50 and 007p. In theory, when on boost both DVs are closed so it won't make any difference. It is only at gear change that limp mode occurs because air that should have gone back through the turbo and sensed by the MAP sensor has been dumped to atmosphere so spool up takes a fraction of the second longer.

Beaten to it!

Last edited:

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
ahhh explained lol i thought the 007 would of been better by 1 or 2 psi but there is no difference then the Dump to air imo are the one to go for :D

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
ahhh explained lol i thought the 007 would of been better by 1 or 2 psi but there is no difference then the Dump to air imo are the one to go for :D

Pure dump to atmosphere will trigger limp mode though because of the excess deviation in expected and actual airflow just after a "dump". This is why hybrid valves are the way forward for noise and performance; although some reviews of the split'r suggest otherwise.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
As above. Your car will eventually treat a fully atmospheric dump valve as a boost leak.

Mine took all of 2minutes to pick up my badly set up gfb50:50! Now it is set up never goes into limp

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members