LCR DV Question

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
i think half a turn now:blink:

if i put it to say 1 or 2 turns it goes into limp with the code stating check dv!

its easy to get it into limp if you drop it sayfrom 5th to 4th and boot then LIMP :think:

Whats yours mate ?

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
i think half a turn now:blink:

if i put it to say 1 or 2 turns it goes into limp with the code stating check dv!

its easy to get it into limp if you drop it sayfrom 5th to 4th and boot then LIMP :think:

Whats yours mate ?

1/2 turn from the hardest?

I think mine is a good 3 turns from hardest setting and runs fine I think. No limp mode. :shrug:

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
yeah half a turn from hardest ive put a dab on tipex on one of the dimples so i know its deff only half a turn:blink:

I wonder if the spring is cobblers :ban: ?

Mine hits limp if i even do 1 and a half turn [:@]

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
so how do you set them up propley then?is it just the case of try run try run?

Yep! make sure you have vagcom or similar to hand to reset limp mode between trials :) As a starting point, rev the car and watch the piston; it should open fully when dumping and then close at around 2000rpm before the car can sense air is "missing" :)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
hmmm danny you know allot lol why do you think i can only have half a turn ?

I'm guessing yours is mapped and running a fair amount of boost? Mine also only runs half a turn from fully in; my boost peaks at 22psi and holds to around 16 at the red line.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Doesn't make much sense then unless your valve has a weaker spring in compared with other peoples.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
ive just bought a Turbosmart DP Kompact and am having it fitted next weekend, the following weekend im having it mapped by P-Torqe, will p-torqe adjust this valve once the car has been mapped to make sure it runs ok???? after reading the reviews im having second thoughts about if i should have bought this rather than the 007P.