Guide - Fitting a Centre Sun Visor

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Here’s my guide to fitting a middle/centre sun visor to my ’05 Ibiza Mk4 FR Tdi

I hope it will be of benefit to anyone thinking of carrying out the same install

Please note, there may be better ways to install the visor but this is just how I did it. Don’t hesitate to give constructive criticism if there’s a better way

Here we go…

Ibiza Mk4 - Sun Visor in Pearl Grey Part Number: 6X0 858 555 D Y20 Cost £4.32. Please note it comes with a self tapping screw, which is all you need
1Middle-Visor.jpg

I lined the visor up with the correct location. Please note there is only one way to orientate the visor. Note the retaining peg thingy, the thing sticking out next to it and the centre that needs a round hole creating in the roof lining
5Correct-Location-Orientation.jpg

This is when I firmly pressed the visor base to create indents to help working out where to cut the holes and slots.
2Pressing-Visor-to-make-indetations.jpg

Here you can see the indents
4Indentations.jpg

I quickly realised that to get the job done effectively I needed to take the Interior light out. This would enable me to see the location holes in the metal above the roof lining.

This is when I was finding the screw hole above the lining with a long needle. It’s certainly a good idea to use a pin or sharp needle to find it (Fellow forum member ss55eat gave me this excellent tip)
8Locating-Centre-Screw-Hole.jpg

Once lined up I used the self tapping screw that came with the visor to make sure it was true
7Checking-Alignment-and-Centre-Hole.jpg

I made the shaped holes with a scalpel and it went through the roof lining like a knife through butter. Please be careful and ‘think twice cut once’.
Here we go - all done
12Final-Holes-Slots-Cut.jpg

That’s the visor screwed into place. It’s a very solid mounting platform and it surprises me just how strong the mount feels for just a small item
15In-Place-and-Fitted.jpg

This is the finished job with the interior light back in place
18Inside-View.jpg

...and again from the side
19Side-View.jpg

So that’s it, my first guide on SeatCupra.net.

I hope it will be of use. I decided early doors to make the guide as easy to follow as possible. The whole job took me 20-30mins and would have been a lot quicker if I’d not been taking snaps.

I have used the visor in sunny conditions and like it a lot. For £4 it’s an excellent little upgrade. Good Luck!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Nice guide there :) always appreciated

I'm honestly shocked some FR/Cupra models don't have this yet the basic models (like my own) have them as standard

Red Panda

Apr 18, 2010
Not telling
Nice guide there :) always appreciated

I'm honestly shocked some FR/Cupra models don't have this yet the basic models (like my own) have them as standard
Thanks stezo2k, makes it worthwhile :)

I agree with you, I can't understand why the centre visor isn't on as standard. Mind you for such an ace car, my FR doesn't have a boot light or a glovebox light either! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.