Folding mirrors on the remote?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Seen this

I managed to get hold of the Audi relay no 361 - Part number: 4A0 907 440 for testing to see how to make the mirrors fold when arming the alarm (locking) and unfolding when disarming alarm (unlocking).

Connection as follows if you wire it to a MK4 Golf folding mirror:

Relay............................................. .................. Mirror connector (T12)
Pin 4 = 15a .................................................. .... fused +
Pin 5 = Motor for folding mirror (-) left/right .............T12/1
Pin 6 =................................................. ............ Earth (-)
Pin 8 = Motor for folding mirror (+) left/right .............T12/2
Pin 12 = Switch for Folding Mirror ________________ Safe Signal (-)
Pin 14 = Switch for end of folding point (microswitch) in mirror left/right - T12/3

Need an earth feed on T12/4

I'm sure the relay doesn't use any method of current sensing when folding / unfolding the mirrors. I'm going to do little bit more investigation.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=165724&page=4

Who is going to be the guinea pig then?

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
doing this will however mean you cant fold the mirrors using the switch in the cabin, they would only fold when using the key fob

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
doing this will however mean you cant fold the mirrors using the switch in the cabin, they would only fold when using the key fob

Not necessarily. If you wired the relay to the mirror directly, therefore leaving the switch intact, you could have the relay and switch wired in parallel and so both working. I think.

I'd happily be the guinea pig but don'thave the leon anymore! Do have the mirrors and switch though, wonder if I could wire them to something to give them power just for testing.

S17EW O

keep us posted, i need to know the outcoome, how much was the relay....ive wanted this from day one!

lobs84

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry
I would donate my car for this, but someone else would have to wire it up, as I wouldn't have a clue where to start!!

Rich.1986

Apr 15, 2011
Northampton
id be up for doing this but 1 question how would this affect the anti hijacking? would the mirrors fold in as soon as i get to 10mph?

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
no they woudlnt, they would if you kept the ability to make them fold in by the manual adjuster knob though. My plan is going to be to get the mirrors to start folding as soon as the ignition is cut/key removed, regardles whether its locked or not.

paul26982

you more than welcome to use my car but you will have to fit folding mirrors first :)