Uh oh me floors soaked

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I'm lifting the carpet to get to my handbrake cable tube things and my carpets are soaking wet underneath, so that's me officially joined the leaky Seat group now lol. I've only got a couple more screws and it's out then I think I'll hang it in the garagew for now. I'll need to get busy with the hose and see where the water is coming in over the next couple of days so in the meantime I'll be driving a rally style Vario:D

Is there common leaky places I should check, not just on the Cordy but Seats in general?

Cheers:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Cheers Pyro, I'll check it out and hopefully that's it but I've got a feeling it's going to be worse than that, it's wet up the bulk head too but I'm hoping that's just getting drawn up from the floor.:)

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
Cheers Pyro, I'll check it out and hopefully that's it but I've got a feeling it's going to be worse than that, it's wet up the bulk head too but I'm hoping that's just getting drawn up from the floor.:)

I appear to have the same issue where it runs along the floor front to back, it is also coming down through the bulkhead.. however I found when I put a towel at the bottom of the screen (inside) that it didn't happen so much, it appears to be the heavy condensation running down the inside. I still suspect the windscreen to be leaky to and am investigating this tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

These cars on a 97 plate are galvanised right?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
That sounds even worse lol, I think I prefer the door seals to be sure, I'll have to look into it though I suppose, tell you what though I can't say the car's any noisier without the carpets, wtf?:D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Lol I can see it now CRAAAAACKK! OH F**K! I might try it though but reckon I better be careful with that one :D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Door seals fella ;) go in to mk1 leon FAQ section and there's a guide etc ;)

I had a look at the sealing procedure in the faq but the Cordy doesn't have that inner plate bit like the leon so I'll have to check other stuff, I'll phone me dealer later and see if I can score some door seals, or at least a price. Should be good for a laugh if nothing else:D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
£30 a piece for the rear door seals, no to bad, I'll have to check first though to make sure I need them:)

toddygti

Sep 9, 2007
Folkestone, Kent
Well I found that the Windscreen is very unlikely as the seal is underneather at the bottom so there is no where for the water to get in.

I have however found where mine leaks and subsequently seems to be a common issue. The Front sun-roof drain holes have spilt about half way down the A pillar thus water pisses in and down the bulkhead.

Bought some new tubing and a new sun-roof seal and job done. Now back and water tight.

FR150TDI

water leak

iv had that problem with my leon . realy common faul rear door seal. i got the main dealer to fix it. £200
:cry::cry:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Ouch! I can't find any water marks yet even though the floor's wet again, the carpets are still out though thankfully.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Well it seems my leak is up the front end somewhere, I noticed it dripping down from under the dash on the drivers side so I'll need to investigate. I'll remove the wiper blades and get a look at the bottom of the windscreen and surrounding area and see what I can find, I'll update later.:)

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Bollox! I pulled all the front out i.e. All the plastics etc around the bottom of the windscreen and threw in a bucket of water, nothing, no flippin leaking or anything, no holes etc, poured another bucket of water over the top of the windscreen, nothing, no leaking or bugger all! Looks like I'll just have to drill some holes in the floor and leave the thing to leak in its mysterious fashion.:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members