My Ovni Yellow LCR **** - 210 Recaros Stage 2 SOLD AND BOUGHT BACK LOL

jk-cupra

haha .. you'll get there dont worry lol .. i think everybodys in the same boat tryin to save for new goodies :)

.. i really want a k03s ..but moneys tite :( lol

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I'm trying mate! trimmed my cm tip today aswell and it fits abit better still think I'll change it for sfs eventually.

Ronin talked me out of having it mapped and to wait till I get the front mount on. I'm only going stage 1 but want to keep the temps down. Anyone got a link for a decent 3" duct to replace the standard cold air feed to filter?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I'm trying mate! trimmed my cm tip today aswell and it fits abit better still think I'll change it for sfs eventually.

Ronin talked me out of having it mapped and to wait till I get the front mount on. I'm only going stage 1 but want to keep the temps down. Anyone got a link for a decent 3" duct to replace the standard cold air feed to filter?

SFS best tip out the three, well 4 I have had, OEM, Forge, B5 V1 and now SFS. Best fit, so easy to fit and the best the car has driven. That's my experience from each product, car has never felt better. It's £120 too. Also on same rollers made most power/torque out of the lot.

On the front mount I'm with Ronin, get one before mapping. Get everything in place and go stage 2/custom it's not worth getting a generic stage 1 for a car will a full turbo back exhaust and higher flow intake mods such as 80mm tip air filter etc... A generic stage 1 might cause the car to run a bit odd as we've seen in the past with JamJay's. Also don't get a budget FMIC IMO, buy cheap buy twice. I have done this... But now have a proper one which will never leak and is a superb fitment. It's also big and stealthy, lol ;)

Ducting, neoprene 80mm stuff seems good.. I've never bothered with an air feed though, I think the difference it makes is barely noticeable but I may be wrong.. Can't see my car getting much more airflow from one personally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=80mm+cold+air+feed&_sacat=0

Last edited:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
SFS best tip out the three, well 4 I have had, OEM, Forge, B5 V1 and now SFS. Best fit, so easy to fit and the best the car has driven. That's my experience from each product, car has never felt better. It's £120 too. Also on same rollers made most power/torque out of the lot.

On the front mount I'm with Ronin, get one before mapping. Get everything in place and go stage 2/custom it's not worth getting a generic stage 1 for a car will a full turbo back exhaust and higher flow intake mods such as 80mm tip air filter etc... A generic stage 1 might cause the car to run a bit odd as we've seen in the past with JamJay's. Also don't get a budget FMIC IMO, buy cheap buy twice. I have done this... But now have a proper one which will never leak and is a superb fitment. It's also big and stealthy, lol ;)

Ducting, neoprene 80mm stuff seems good.. I've never bothered with an air feed though, I think the difference it makes is barely noticeable but I may be wrong.. Can't see my car getting much more airflow from one personally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=80mm+cold+air+feed&_sacat=0

I wish is had waited for the sfs one but was 21day wait and I'm impatient lol! I won't bother with the ducting then

I'm only going catback ATM due to spending far too much in the 2months I have had the car but one it drops off it will go and I'll either have sports cat or go for decat!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I wish is had waited for the sfs one but was 21day wait and I'm impatient lol! I won't bother with the ducting then

I'm only going catback ATM due to spending far too much in the 2months I have had the car but one it drops off it will go and I'll either have sports cat or go for decat!

Can always sell your current tip to fund an SFS ;) Lol.

Decat all the way mate, you will probably need a decat spacer to move the o2 sensor out of the way of the exhaust gases, otherwise you'll get the light come up on the dash. It's not bad for the car though..

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Can always sell your current tip to fund an SFS ;) Lol.

Decat all the way mate, you will probably need a decat spacer to move the o2 sensor out of the way of the exhaust gases, otherwise you'll get the light come up on the dash. It's not bad for the car though..

Can you point be in the right direction for the O2 spacer?

As for the TIP it ain't going nowhere soon not until the front mount and map then I will go back to the TIP

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Got my cobra today and took it to be fitted and they have sent me a cupra front pipe instead of the LCR!!!!

Gotta wait til Monday to get the new one now!

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
So have gone anal today and give the car a clay bar and 3 stage clean (paint cleaner,polish and wax)

Only used the one bucket method so I'm not that gay yet ;)

photo-9.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-13.jpg

photo-14.jpg

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

Number plates are on order before anyone says anything :D

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Cobra turned up and fitted not as loud as I thought it was gonna be as its non resonated not that I'm too fussed! Pics later!

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Good progress. I'm interest in your thoughts on the cobra and seeing some pics. Could you include a few pics of the roof as I'm thinking about having mine vinyl rapped. Which FMIC are you going for?