Getting the power down! WHAT TYRES??

ME53LLN

Oct 19, 2014
So now the cars stage 2 im struggling in this damp wether for grip out of the corners, be needing tyres soon, what you recommend? Currently have hankooks on, there ok but not the best.

Cheers

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I'm using Goodyear eagle f1's asy 2's I'm still standard power wise but has excellent grip wet or dry.Obviously if you hoof it in first and second I'd imagine there going to spin up.But think these tyres are a great choice.having done research they seem to be very popular around SCN members.

ME53LLN

Oct 19, 2014
I'm using Goodyear eagle f1's asy 2's I'm still standard power wise but has excellent grip wet or dry.Obviously if you hoof it in first and second I'd imagine there going to spin up.But think these tyres are a great choice.having done research they seem to be very popular around SCN members.

Had them on my astra, there Awsome tyres, but never had them on the cupra so may try them.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
They are very good tyres, but without an LSD you WILL struggle for grip out of corners no matter what tyres you put on as you basically end up with one wheel drive. Time to master throttle control ;)

Braking and corner entry speeds are good fun with them compared to budgets though, especially in this weather :)

Michelin PSS are apparently another very good option - not tried them yet but a lot of reviews rate them higher than the GY ASY2s

Last edited:

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
Yep I've got them on my FR+ CR170 with a Revo Stage 1, great type but with lots of torque in wet/damp conditions they do of course struggle in you accelerating quickly. The only way I see of getting round that issue properly for me is next time buy something with 4 wheel drive :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
If I still had the Leon and wanted tyres I think I'd go for the Michelin Super Sports, I was never fully sold on the F1's.

Last edited:

ME53LLN

Oct 19, 2014
Have you considered getting a walk kit? They adjust toe to stop this exact problem and it's costs about the same as 1 tyre.

+1 for eagle f1's

So you recommend the walk kit, might look into it, so its ether f1s or super sports, which one best in this weather?

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Ive just fitted my second full set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. To be honest, they are slightly softer in the side walls that the likes of Eagle F1's etc. But the grip is amazing. 'A' grip in the wet too. Only downside is they wear out a bit quicker than other tyres Ive tried. I'm running APR stage 1. £67 a tyre on camskill at the minute.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-3.htm

Last edited:

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
Ive just fitted my second full set of Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. To be honest, they are slightly softer in the side walls that the likes of Eagle F1's etc. But the grip is amazing. 'A' grip in the wet too. Only downside is they wear out a bit quicker than other tyres Ive tried. I'm running APR stage 1. £67 a tyre on camskill at the minute.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-3.htm

Whats the Rim Protector like on these Uniroyals?
Every Pic I see makes the rim protector look non existent especially when comparing them to the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's. I've heard good things on the Uniroyals but an adequate rim protector is an important factor when I buy a tyre.

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Whats the Rim Protector like on these Uniroyals?
Every Pic I see makes the rim protector look non existent especially when comparing them to the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's. I've heard good things on the Uniroyals but an adequate rim protector is an important factor when I buy a tyre.

Wouldn't say they are non existent, but then again I don't make a habit of hitting kerbs.

alloy_zps77d6b3a7.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members