Getting the power down! WHAT TYRES??

LCR

Bwwaaaaapp
Jul 3, 2014
Fife
Also have Uniroyal rainsport 3's! They are unbelievable in the wet, like zipcode has said, they're probably a bit softer in the tyre wall compared to the other big brands but wet grip is great!

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Also have Uniroyal rainsport 3's! They are unbelievable in the wet, like zipcode has said, they're probably a bit softer in the tyre wall compared to the other big brands but wet grip is great!

Hmmmmmm I don't mind if they don't last as long.

Dunno what to get now lol

LCR

Bwwaaaaapp
Jul 3, 2014
Fife
Haha yeah hard choice, il be going on to some yoko advans for the summer then if they need changed by the end of summer il go for rainsports winter time.
Have a look on the websites, one of them has reviews and ratings for every tyre available, can't remember the website though

llanrwst999

Jan 10, 2015
ive just joined and all new to this, dont even know how to do a new thread... but hope someone can help - I bought a leon 170 FR 2008 yeserday, very nice car however on the way home I got loads of warning light on the dash...ABS. TC,OIL,AIRBAG, and the speedo wouldnt work, I checked the oil again and it was fine, could it be that a wire is touching somewer and sending all these faulse saults??? I hope so !!

irf

Feb 5, 2014
ive just joined and all new to this, dont even know how to do a new thread... but hope someone can help - I bought a leon 170 FR 2008 yeserday, very nice car however on the way home I got loads of warning light on the dash...ABS. TC,OIL,AIRBAG, and the speedo wouldnt work, I checked the oil again and it was fine, could it be that a wire is touching somewer and sending all these faulse saults??? I hope so !!

Can't help you with your car problem but this is a discussion on tyres so people may be reluctant to help you on this thread.

Click on the link to the right here ---> CLICK ME!!

Then, near the top on the left it'll say "new thread" in a black box. Click on that, add a title and type in your problem.

Last edited:

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hmmmmmm I don't mind if they don't last as long.

Dunno what to get now lol

Suprised you didnt rate the F1's. Ive tried a lot of different tyres over the years and the original Eagle F1 assymetric was probably the best tyre i have ever used.

If your going from an f1 to a RS3, you wont like the cornering ability. They have tremendous grip, but the do roll a little in the bends compared to goodyears etc.

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
After doing a little research on tyres Ultrac Sessanta's seem to have very positive reviews with some people saying they knock spots off eagle F1s and the likes, the only downside is they wear relatively quickly. Has anyone experienced them first hand? I was considering these myself in the near future.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

I Put them on my remapped Focus ST (you can just make out the tread pattern on the phot)
I had to complain to the local Vredestein Rep to get my money back as I thought they were awful. I got a refund and bought the Eagle F1's, they Eagles were way better the the Sessanta's. Maybe i got a bad batch :confused:

P1010823.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Thatcham, Berkshire
Falken Ziex ZE914 will be going on next a good all rounder so I have read.

Got a set on the front. Need to get a set for the rear next as they are wearing down. Cant fault the ZE914's at all, good grip rain or shine. Does struggle in the wet getting the power down when low down on boost

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
I Put them on my remapped Focus ST (you can just make out the tread pattern on the phot)
I had to complain to the local Vredestein Rep to get my money back as I thought they were awful. I got a refund and bought the Eagle F1's, they Eagles were way better the the Sessanta's. Maybe i got a bad batch :confused:

P1010823.jpg

I ran ultrac sessantas on my old Octy vRS with revo remap for years and they were fine. Not the grippiest but good in the wet and wore very well.

Jimbo

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I've decided to go for a pair of Michelin PSS's on rear end as they are down to 3mm . (Potenza And a Dunlop Sport as I had a puncture that couldn't be repaired) won't go Dunlop again don't think as went from 8mm when new to 3mm in 9 k miles !!
Thanks to guys on here and Crafoo without his R now !! for help and input , I found that Kwik Fit must have made an error when they quoted me last time i.e. £550 for a pair !!

I went online and tbh , not a lot of difference in tyreleader /camskill/kwik fit when you take in delivery /fitting /vat /valves/balancing / and there just down the road ;)

I found the tyre review link really good so thanks for that .
========================================

For the record..
1) kwik fit £172 each fitted/vat etc. total £344.00
2)tyreleader £145.39 each + delivery /fitting
3)camskill £152.65 each + delivery /fitting

Last edited:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Did you not check on love tyre? For the 225/40/18 Michelin PSS they are £106 for the XL rated and £109 for the Y rated. Delivery is usually about £8.

So would've been £230 for a pair delivered, then just fitting on top which shouldn't be too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Anyway, at the end of the day all of them have ups and downs, I think the most important question which no one ever considers is, which is the coolest looking tyre? Hankook V12 Evo's, Uniroyals, Sessenta's (which i liked tbh before they got bought out) or Avon ZZ3's?? :D

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
yes thanks mate ,that's the price I saw as mentioned. Ok delivery seems free ,but add fitting. At the end of the day not a lot in it tbh I don't think .

go to the tyre place on a Sunday, doubt they would turn down £10 cash in hand to fit them for you

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.